Here we go again.

Bobbie Faulds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wowmeh body and Phat Azz had DMCA's filed and neither could afford to fight or chose not to reveal RL info.

The DMCA filer has struck again...this was just posted in the Ghetto Booty group. Dear customers, Today I had a Email sent to me stating that a DMCA was filed and LL took down all the ghetto booties around an hour ago. The mesh body convert project will be put on hold until everything is fixed. I wont be selling any of the butts until the problem is fixed. i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sorry, but this really looks suspicious...3 times for the same kind of product? This reeks of someone trying to eliminate the competion rather than promote their own product.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

I have no idea what is going on except that when a product is removed due to a DMCA filing all if it is removed, even from customers inventories,  but that has not happened with Phat Azz or Wowmeh, to my knowledge as I still see them worn and people are still selling appliers.  So was a DMCA really filed and if so was a counter claim immediately filed and the creators just chose not to put them back on the market until it was all settled?

It remains to be seen with Ghetto Body what will happen.  Until you see all the evidence it is impossible to judge if it's a legitimate complaint of not. Filing a false DMCA is perjury which can carry severe penalties.  So if it is a case of someone just trying to eliminate competition, they are taking a huge risk.

when you file a DMCA take down notice, you specify what the item is and where it is located on the service. all copies are not removed unless that is exactly what the filer requests.

if all copies were taken down without the location reference, then any authorized users would also lose their stuff. some past takedown notices have made that exact mistake, they asked for "all" to be taken down and shot themselves.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I have no idea what is going on except that when a product is removed due to a DMCA filing all if it is removed, even from customers inventories,
  but that has not happened with Phat Azz or Wowmeh, to my knowledge as I still see them worn and people are still selling appliers.  So was a DMCA really filed and if so was a counter claim immediately filed and the creators just chose not to put them back on the market until it was all settled?

It remains to be seen with Ghetto Body what will happen.  Until you see all the evidence it is impossible to judge if it's a legitimate complaint of not. Filing a false DMCA is perjury which can carry severe penalties.  So if it is a case of someone just trying to eliminate competition, they are taking a huge risk.

DMCA filings can be very specific.  The filer may choose to not go after all copies of the object.

While it's easy to say it might be another creator doing this (and it most likely is), you still have to consider that there are plenty of players that simply hate mesh parts and griefers that it could literally be anybody. Another thing to think about is that it is entirely too easy to do this to someone, even if it is temporary something like this can be very off putting. This is an example where the burden of proof should be on the accuser, but it's not.

Mewp :matte-motes-smile:

My understanding is that you can respond to the DMCA so th eitems will come back.  Forget the technical term. At that time i believe you can get the RL information, and decide if you want to get the lawyers involved, or contact the person yourself in RL and try to find out what evidence they have, assuming of course you really did not steal it.

Anyways , unless you did steal it, you should not let it just drop.

• 3 months later...

Jaulistine wrote:

I agree 100%. The Ghetto booty and the Phat Azz where the two best products out there. And I am trying to figure out who had an issue. The Banned booty is HORRID, Sking is HORRID, and Vstrings is not so grand. None of these bums ressemble one another. I had all of the Ghetto booties on my other account and wanted them for me blog account and now I am sol. Until they come back. I do agree that there is a hater in the mix because their product wasn't good. Same with the WowMeh body, it was the best one out there, and now no longer sold. Other creators who can't get it done right have to throw fits and put others out hoping they can get theirs sold. I own pretty much all of them. And so far the only two mesh bodies I like are TheMeshProject and WowMeh which sadly is no longer sold. None of them are 100% in shape mapping nor set up. So how can they be stolen from some one who's not even selling a product like theirs not even close?  I miss the Ghetto booties they are the only one that is curvy without having ugly legs. Phat azz was nice is you didn't want any curves except a kind of plump rump. But every other mesh rumb on the market...not worth getting they are horrid.

A mesh doesn't have to be stolen in SL.   It can be ripped from games, from another virtual world or even be a model bought from a website that sells mesh from various creators and it was licensed for personal use only.  The person who filed the DMCA, may not even be in SL and may be perfectly justified in doing so.  Until it goes to a RL court and evidence is presented, or the facts are made public, there is no way to know who the bad guy is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.