Help with Shading!

buubbleguum Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been wanting to design secondlife clothes for so long but there is one thing holding me back. Every time I create a piece of clothing, the shading looks unrealistic. I have looked at countless tutorials and they all say the same thing, but it isn't helping me. I have been working on it over the past year, and though my technique IS getting better, I still think it should be at a higher standard by now.

I am using Adobe Photoshop and I have a great knowledge of the program. I have attempted using the burn/dodge tool, and painting using b/w and experimenting with the opacity and blending options. If any one could explain how many stores on Second life such as Apple May Designs achieve their high quality shadows and wrinckles i would really appreciate it!

saw your post, go to TD Designs they sell a wrinkle brush for photoshop and you can DL the PSD file for them. use that and different kinds of bevels and then add some of your own shading using your burn and dodge tool.  I do this and usually it turns out quiet well

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.