Help Please - Problem putting on clothing

JimmyKoolPantz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First just to let you know I am new to second life.   

These were the two avatars I purchased for a friend.

Two avatars I purchased:

<UTILIZATOR> - Avatar 2.0 - beta

<UTILIZATOR> - Chibi Anime Avatar Base M2

I first purchased the Chibi Anime Avatar and started buying clothes made for  "Avatar 2.0"  from the marketplace.  And all the clothe was not displaying correctly, the body was show through the clothes,  and you can see the toes thru the boots.  None of the clothes I bought had a alpha layer.

So I did some research and was playing around with the texture but that did not work.

So, I was thinking maybe this Chibi Anime was not made to wear the Avatar 2.0 clothing, so I bought the Avatar 2.0.  Some clothing do work fine on the avatar 2.0, but others don't.

My questions:

1.  How do I prevent the body coming through the clothing when the creator does not provide an alpha layer.

2.  Can the avatar "Chibi Anime Avatar Base M2" wear clothing that is made for  "Avatar 2.0"

I think most or all of the clothes we bought were from the company that built the avatar (  UTILIZATOR ) and they don't all work.

As long as you read the instructions, all the clothes should work. 

I'm not sure about the chibi avatar It looks to be some sort of 'base' which I'm guessing is being used with the 2.0 Beta, it uses the M2 head though which has gotten a facelift in the M3 version and is much, -much- better in the way of expressions, facial modicifation and such. I dont' think the M2 head is even supported anymore.

I believe the 2.0 Beta comes with boxes that you need to open to get all the goodies that come with it (breast options and whatnot) And even then, if the alpha layer didn't come with it, you can open your library at the bottom of your inventory and look for the alpha layers that would work. Those are accessible to everyone free. 

I don't personally have the 2.0 Beta body but I've got 3 different Riku avatar parts, the M3 head and have looked at many others. People I do know get the clothes to work just fine on the 2.0 Beta. I'd be more than happy to help in getting your friend all sorted out, feel free to message me. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.  We havent completely figured it out.. because it was getting late.  But u did a great job helping her out the other night.  I really appreciate the time u took, and I was amazed how far you helped her.  I get very impatient when it comes to trying to teach her just the basics.

Couple of things i did learn.

1.  The clothing is resizable, I'm not logged in right now, but I think if you right click on an item, such as a skirt, you can resize it.  

2.  Another thing that I found when playing around was, the build option.  If I select build and then select a body part on the avatar and then click on an area within that part, I can change the texture transparency to 100%.  This helped with he boots showing the feet.  I set the transparency for the foot to 100%.

3.  Another problem we had was we did not get a note card for a shirt we bought.  Aparently the note card gave us some instructions on how to fix the shirt.  I haven't seen it yet but I will read it and see if i can fix the shirt.

I will leave more comments as soon as I learn more things, just incase someone has a problem such as i did.

It was fun, especially remembering all the basics one takes for granted after a couple of years of modding.

With mesh, which I hadn't gotten to because of time :3 You want to select face when editing mesh, several reasons, a single mesh item can have up to 8 'faces' on it. Giving the ability for seperate textures/colors/transparencies. That's part of the problem you were having with the body, you were selecting body parts and not the face. Easily remedied however as you saw, and the 2.0 Beta also has a hud that can fix the messups and restore the mesh to original. Which I learned last night too :3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.