Clothing layers vs Mesh (for lingerie)

TotesBitchin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't found any mesh lingerie that I actually like. So, for me, it is system layers, all the way. While I know some don't care for the painted on look, so to speak, I think creators have done a marvelous job with system layers and things such as lingerie, which are meant to be worn tighter than most other clothing.

That said, I also have other issues with some mesh, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I am VERY picky about mesh. I have some I absolutely love. The rest of it though... meh. 

ETA: as for bras and panties alone, and not other bits of lingerie, again, entirely system clothes. Mesh panties often look odd to me, and rarely ever actually fit me. Mesh bras, are even worse, lol. But that's just *for me* not for everyone. I don't change my shape, not even slightly, just to fit clothes, which probably contributes a lot to my dislike of most mesh. I'm an odd duck though ;)

TotesBitchin wrote:

Hey all!

Just wondering
peoples
personal perreferences when it comes to (old school) clothing layers vs mesh
bras/panties
in the lingerie department. What would you buy?

Just wanted to gather some info before I start my new biz.

thanks!

"peoples"? "bras/panties"? This is casual sexism at its worst, rather than overenthusiastic inclusion.

Although I suppose in the dim and distant past Storm did have some interesting clothing aberrations.

I agree with Amethyst. A little sliver of underwear showing above the seam of a mesh garment works well. The only way that works with mesh, in my opinion, if it is that sliver built into the mesh over garment to just add a littler je ne sais pas.

On the other hand mesh lingerie is no longer underwear at all, it doesn't have to fit tight to the skin or worry about poking through outer layers of clothes.

I prefer neither.

I will buy clothing layers PLUS appliers for a mesh body. This is due to the much better quality of the texture rendered on a mesh body. The UV mapping makes it very hard to get even straps on the bras. Before I got a mesh body, I tried to buy only strapless bras to avoid this problem.

The crotch area is another place where the clothing texture is smeared out over the skin unless the lingerie creator is careful. I call this "insufficient wiping syndrome".:matte-motes-shocked:

Showing the bra straps problem and a closeup of the texture of the top bra. I hope you can see how detailed the lace is, and that the black is not solid black, but has a wafer texture. Default system layers to the left. Advanced lightning turned off. This is how it will look to the average SL user.

Not many has bought mesh bodies, but the Marketplace has no system layer lingerie over 10 L in the 96 best selling items. Buying a mesh body means I have to buy new lingerie. Those who look for system layers only has lots of cheap lingerie to pick from.

bra collage.jpg

Dude, just terms i use. Chill out. I mean my god, if all you have to worry about in life is how people use words on a vitrual world forum then you must have it pretty freakin easy! Do me a favour, locate your nearest box of tissues and have a cry about it because I really don't care. Oh and sorry for not including the desire to make man thongs in my original question. Really.

Anyway... thanks for the feedback! Very much appreciated :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.