Clothing Creation help wanted :)

Nehem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I get up this morning and decide, HEY clothing creation looks really fun. I am an avid explorer of Sl, and have been so for years! Well, I download blender, and open my preinstalled photoshop, ready for action.  I watch like 20 tuorials, ect.

Then, i give it a go. To my dismay, I am lost. Of course, i couldnt find my way out of a paper bag if i tried.. SO, I am looking for another fun, friendly companion in clothing making! Someone who can show me how in the world to do this task!!!!!!

SOOOOOO , if this is you , then Please IM me inworld ! My Name is Nehem Resident, and I look forward to meeting you!!

I am friendly, a little crazy, but I am a lot of fun! I just want a new friend to have fun and make stuff with!

HUGS!

Not trying to dissappoint you, but: before even trying to make clothes for SL, you must:

1. Learn to use Photoshop well. Really well. So that you understand how to create things with it without getting lost.
2. Learn to use Blender well. Really well. So that you understand how to create things with it without getting lost.

When you have learned how to make efficiently different kinds of things with those programs then you are ready to make clothes. Unfornutaly there isn't any shortcut fast way to be a creator. There are tons of all kinds of free tutorials for Photoshop and Blender. Study them, learn. You will find even the learning fun and enjoyable if you really are interested to learn how to create things.

• Like 1

As stated before I'd recommend starting with simple things, like maybe a hat or a purse. If you're planning on creating rigged or fitted mesh, get the avastar plugin for blender! It'll save you a lot of work and frustration. Then follow the great tutorials Gaia has made for it. Build along with these tutorials to really get a feeling for how it all works. Making clothes involves quite a few disciplines that are an art in it's own right like modelling, texturing, rigging and maybe even scripting. Set a reachable goal first and master each of these disciplines well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.