Beyond Fabric.....

Bongo Steampunk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Folks :)

After struggling to amass decent non-copywright fabric images for the making of mesh clothing from the web, have decided it might be best to start paying for them. I cannot find a decent rescource however, I find that many are misleading or substandard/too pricey etc.

Does anyone know of any professional standard payed fabric rescources which would be suitable yet not cost the earth [like shutterstock] ?

Even considered getting my camera and making a tent to do my own, but getting real fabric and doing all that work is another hobby altogether.

Would be massively appreciative if anyone has any links to share.  I'd rather put my hand in my pocket than run a wild goose chase in the hope of some free gem somewhere, takes hours and hours.

Cheers,

Bongo.

mew mew ma mew :matte-motes-grin:

even some great designers buy textures, i have a dress my Maitreya that has a bought texture.  The texture came form 

PinkBlossom.org

The dress looks fantastic, so thats might a good place to start your hunt for quality textures.

Well looks like she poofed her web site, but you can find her via deviant art: 

http://so-ghislaine.deviantart.com/

• 1 month later...

Bongo Steampunk wrote:

After struggling to amass decent non-copywright fabric images for the making of mesh clothing from the web, have decided it might be best to start paying for them.

Bongo.

Buy mine!  :matte-motes-big-grin:   I think I have every freeby pack in SL sitting in my inventory.

It's important to have seamless textures, tileable textures, optimized for SL use. Using stock textures in unexpected ways can get you a long way ... just because the texture says it's wallpaper doesn't mean it has to be used on a wall.

Torley's free texture sets are created by Torley Linden AND free to use. See my texture hut in-world for the free Torley collection package if you can't find it online.

You can get Filter Forge (
and mess with their filters.  Many of my textures are made with Filter Forge's filters, with pre and post-processing for some of them in The GIMP (
and some are made seamless from actual photos of fabric or other things (it's a PITA!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.