how do i report a company for bad practices which cause me to waste time and lose linden?

DeeDee Waydelich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my wife and i play together on SL. we spent the whole day fishing at Fish Hunt. We bought the most expensive fishing poles and worms. after she signed up for Jupocash to cash out her winnings Jupocash would not allow me to signup. theyre excuse was "only one account per IP is allowed" thus i can not cash out my winnings. they do not warn player of this before they spend thousands of lindens on their junk and waste their time. this is by far the biggest scam ive seen in SL so far and is unjustifiable. Fish Hunt - Jupo Cash or whatever their name is owes me a lot of linden.

4 answers to this question

You are welcome to submit an Abuse Report and see what Linden Lab says.  You may predict the answer by reviewing the TOS (Sect 6): "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."  In general, Linden Lab will only intervene if it is clear that there has been a violation of the TOS.

• Like 1

DeeDee Waydelich wrote:

my wife and i play together on SL. we spent the whole day fishing at Fish Hunt. We bought the most expensive fishing poles and worms. after she signed up for Jupocash to cash out her winnings Jupocash would not allow me to signup. theyre excuse was "only one account per IP is allowed" thus i can not cash out my winnings. they do not warn player of this before they spend thousands of lindens on their junk and waste their time. this is by far the biggest scam ive seen in SL so far and is unjustifiable. Fish Hunt - Jupo Cash or whatever their name is owes me a lot of linden.

Okay, now I'm completely confused - Fish Hunt and Jupocash are completely different and unrelated companies as far as I can tell, and Fish Hunt rewards are redeemable in Lindens which can be cashed out in exactly the same way as any other Lindens. What exactly did you do?

OK, your problem is not with Fish Hunt (although in my opinion, that "game" is in itself a gentle swindle.  You almost always spend more in gear and bait than you will recover in winnings.)

Your problem is with a different Second Life business, Jupocash.  This is one of those "Earn Free $L!!!!" offers.  This type of business promises you $L rewards in return for doing something...taking surveys, visiting places, finding objects, spending time at certain locations, etc.  In my experience they are all scams.  There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there's no such thing as a free $Linden.

But in this case, the problem is that you didn't read the fine print.  They don't allow more than one account per IP address, because if they did, people would game their system by creating and signing up lots of different accounts.

Here is the bottom line:  You and your wife are looking to get something for nothing, and it's not going to happen.  It will do you no good to complain.  If you want to make money in Second Life (or in Real Life) you need to put in real effort.  Learn to create content.  Learn to run a business.

Nothing comes for free.

• Like 1

Can't you take your laptop to a coffeeshop with wifi to cash your earnings?  That'd be a different IP, wouldn't it?  There is a radio station I listen to where I can earn about 30 linden a day listening to it, but my husband can't play it on our other computer because we're on the same IP... so he just plays it while he's at work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.