how do i change a group members role?

Queen Nakajima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Queen,

take a looksee here"

Creating, managing, moderating, and disbanding groups

~ and specifically ~

Managing roles and abilities

and even more specifically...

1) Edit your group's Info

2) Roles & Members tab

3) Members tab

4) select the person who you want to add / remove a role to / from

5) Check the role this person is to now have. Uncheck the role this person no longer needs.

6) Press Apply.

Note: 1) All members of your group need to be in the Everyone Role

Note: 2) Once some has the [X] Owner Role, it's for keeps. The only way to have them leave that role is for them to voluntarily leave the group. Please be careful with who you grant Owner Status to.

Note: 3) Always, ALWAYS grant Owner status to yourself and an ALT you own. [We have seen too many people leave their own group with no way to get back in as the owner.]

• Like 4

One step that I just learned today is that each person has to manually select the Title associated with the role. Just because you've granted someone an additional role does not automatically change the person's title. This is done in the lower left corner of the Group Info window.

1 hour ago, Maiko Cyberstar said:

No idea why no one else has bothered to update this thread, since 2015.

you should have left it also ... pretyy useless to start updating FORUM posts that are 6 yrs old.... it's no game manual here, but a question and answer section with a history

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maiko Cyberstar said:

The above two replies are too out of date from the most recent version of the main viewer and it would appear that if you add someone as a member to your group that you inteded on giving them a different role, you are not given the option to change their role while they are still available within your group...and you might have to temporarily kick ("Eject") them from your group and re-assign their title from the get-go, because it appears that it is only within that window of early group-joining invite stage, that you are able to cement them as that role or not. Good luck changing their roles any further, after that (if you are struggling with the same barriers I am and your OS is "too old" to run Firestorm or "not Windows enough" to run any other viewers).

An annoying hiccup, but it appears to be the only way, at this time. No idea why no one else has bothered to update this thread, since 2015.

Happy to hear & consider any other available/accessible options out there!

Thanks,

--'M.C.

Actually, if this were an issue, you would have found something more recent to add your comment to.  Having to dig back to a thread from 2013 indicates not many people seem to be encountering your issue.  

Perhaps instead of posting your issue here, create a jira about it.  Or check the jira to see if it's already a known issue.  Or start your own thread asking if anyone else in experiencing the same thing and if they found a solution.

21 minutes ago, Maiko Cyberstar said:

Thanks! Never heard of Jira, before. I'll check it out! :)

This was the second thread that came up when I did my search on how to accomplish what I was looking to do.

No other ones came up.

Thanks for the tip! Hope it will help. Cheers!

From your dashboard, choose help and on that page, right side, Bug Tracker

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you should have left it also ... pretyy useless to start updating FORUM posts that are 6 yrs old.... it's no game manual here, but a question and answer section with a history

No sense in replying - especially a useless one, if it doesn't help to improve user experience - regardless of how old the "game" or post is. If key hallmarks of these social media platforms are not being managed when they are built to be a form of community to begin with, then these cracks in the system begin to appear as reasons why the reliability keeps on breaking down.

18yrs is a good run for this environment...though I am still quite surprised that it never made a proper jump to a respectable mobile app, either. Perhaps there is still time (if I didn't already have things going on, I might seriously consider it, myself). Simpsons still keeps on going....because it is awesome. There is a lot here that still holds a great amount of value as well, to keep it up.

Thanks, anyways!

Edited by Maiko Cyberstar
Tried hitting "shift+return", but my unfinished reply got sent too early, anyhow.

The above two replies are too out of date from the most recent version of the main viewer and it would appear that if you add someone as a member to your group that you inteded on giving them a different role, you are not given the option to change their role while they are still available within your group...and you might have to temporarily kick ("Eject") them from your group and re-assign their title from the get-go, because it appears that it is only within that window of early group-joining invite stage, that you are able to cement them as that role or not. Good luck changing their roles any further, after that (if you are struggling with the same barriers I am and your OS is "too old" to run Firestorm or "not Windows enough" to run any other viewers).

An annoying hiccup, but it appears to be the only way, at this time. No idea why no one else has bothered to update this thread, since 2015.

Happy to hear & consider any other available/accessible options out there!

Thanks,

--'M.C.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.