Where can I find a list of every object that is banned in second life?

TheonlyJohnny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was recently banned from a number of furry places, because, in my store, I was selling avatars that are apparently banned from Second Life. I was told by one person, not going to name names, that ignorance is not an excuse.

Where can I find a list of everything that has been banned from Second Life?

I was selling the Books of avatars

As in, 

Book of Aventity

Book of Crux'

Book of Bats

Book of Bovines

Book of Dragons

Book of Daemons

They are not Account info -_-

They are avatars that people wear.

3 answers to this question

You cannot.  There is no such list.  Whoever told you may be refering to items that have been removed as the result of DMCA violations or IP concerns (or he may be hoping that some item will be banned). Except for individual items that people may be aware of because Linden Lab has removed them from personal inventory or from shops, there's no way to find a master list somewhere.

ETA:  As a merchant, of course, you should always keep Linden Lab's Intellectual Property policy in mind, especially if you are selling items that you did not create yourself.  It is true that "ignorance is no excuse" if you are selling items that someone else has stolen, copybotted, or imported to SL in violation of DMCA.

If you were selling avatars that represent copyrighted characters, like Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny, that's not allowed. It does not matter whether that particular set of objects has been banned or not.

If you were selling avatar ACCOUNTS, i.e. user names and passwords, that too is prohibited completely.

EDITED TO ADD:  The "books of avatars"??? What the heck is that?  The only thing that comes to mind makes me shudder in horror...has someone compiled a LIST of avatar names and their account passwords?  OMG, if that's what you have, DON'T sell it, distribute it, or give it away.  Send a copy to Linden Lab along with any information you can provide about who you got it from and how.  PLEASE edit your post again and if I am wrong (as I hope I am!) explain what it is that you were trying to sell.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.