What do i do about my lost items?

gbman2004

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

so i went to put about 125 breedables into a box for my sister and POOF they are gone..... clear my cache, it doesnt help, do everything it says on the site to do and nothing. after awhile i gave up and continued my life. then next thing i know my buddy hands me a collective stack of about 120 and a few more stacks, and one of the stacks when i rez it, only 40 of the stack rez. the rest POOF gone. i clear cache and do everything it says on the website and nothing happens. im not going to say how much money i lost from this, but lets just say i am screwed IRL because of a 2 second glitch in this virtual world. i tried to submit a ticket but cannot for the life of me even find something in the drop down menus remotely related to lost items. What i want is simple. I want the fact that i lost my ass IRL because of a 2 second glitch to be amended. I want whats RIGHT to be done, and I want my stuff back, or manybe my money back i spent on that stuff i dont know, but i know if i took all of that money, real money, cold hard cash and it was a couple months salary for me, im on SSDI, the fact is i lost it ALL in about 2 seconds. Lindens, if you truely care about us, can you please help me? I dont know what in the world i am going to do now, and i feel like im sliding down a cliff, wich drops into lava. PLEASE TOSS ME A ROPE!

And if any secondlife residents have a clue of what i should do please let me know!

Thank you sencerley,

Sebastian Gaanja

2 answers to this question

gbman2004 wrote:

so i went to put about 125 breedables into a box for my sister and POOF they are gone..... clear my cache, it doesnt help, do everything it says on the site to do and nothing. after awhile i gave up and continued my life. then next thing i know my buddy hands me a collective stack of about 120 and a few more stacks, and one of the stacks when i rez it, only 40 of the stack rez. the rest POOF gone. i clear cache and do everything it says on the website and nothing happens. im not going to say how much money i lost from this, but lets just say i am screwed IRL because of a 2 second glitch in this virtual world. i tried to submit a ticket but cannot for the life of me even find something in the drop down menus remotely related to lost items. What i want is simple. I want the fact that i lost my ass IRL because of a 2 second glitch to be amended. I want whats RIGHT to be done, and I want my stuff back, or manybe my money back i spent on that stuff i dont know, but i know if i took all of that money, real money, cold hard cash and it was a couple months salary for me, im on SSDI, the fact is i lost it ALL in about 2 seconds. Lindens, if you truely care about us, can you please help me? I dont know what in the world i am going to do now, and i feel like im sliding down a cliff, wich drops into lava. PLEASE TOSS ME A ROPE!

And if any secondlife residents have a clue of what i should do please let me know!

Thank you sencerley,

Sebastian Gaanja

Most breedables are tracked on an outside server owned by the breedable system creator and they often can be replaced by taking out a ticket on the maker's web site. You should look into this.

I have no idea what "stacks" are in this reference - we need more information there. Edit your initial post.

Missing objects that vanish in this way MAY end up in your lost and found eventually - it can take a few days. They'll be bundled into an object that looks like a broken orange Rubik's cube.

• Like 2

Did the box you rezzed to put them in "poof" during  your drag & drop of them to the Box Contents tab?

You may have been rezzing the box [container] on a parcel with a time limit for objects rezzed by avatars who did not have the parcel's land group as their active group.

If you were still in Edit mode with this container when this happened you may have a mess on your hands. The possibilities are as follows:

1) The box was returned to you mid-filled. It will be in your Lost & Found folder as a coalesced object. The bad is that the in-process drag & drops to the box may be lost. By this I mean that update you see where the things you have dragged into the contents tab have finally shown up after the confirmation refresh [a transaction from the LL Asset Server acknowledging the move of a non-copy item.]. In this case the "confirmed" transferred breedables should be still be in the coalesced object after you find and rez it.

2) While dragging an item into the contents tab you accidentally fell out of drag and drop mode and instead, moved the box off the end of the region. It will be returned to your Lost and Found folder eventually and/or it may be hanging out in the junk collection point for the region you are in at the <0,0,0> corner.

This next option only applies if you had rezzed the breedables prior to picking them up again to move into the box.

3) The breedables are no-copy and in some cases non-transferable unless the individual breeable has been "prepared" for transfer or sale. If you own one of these types of breedables or if you were gifted one of these types of breedables, they have a tendency to "poof" [aka die] when rezzed. This happens after they phone home to the creator's database to see that they have not been authorized for transfer or sale. Many beginners to breedables have been very upset after failing to follow the transfer instructions on the included NC.

I've personally experienced all 3 of the above scenarios during my addiction previous joyful pleasure of owning breedables. 

P.S. In some cases the breedables company may have a policy on restoring lost pets because it's database allows for this to be tracked.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.