To the SL Answers Staff - New Post Ghost Posts Question

KarenMichelle Lane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

Below is a copy of a part of a typical page of an All listing of posts in SL Answers. Like most of the volunteer staff I like to review additions to existing threads.

New-Post-1.jpg

What is interesting is that value of 2 in the New Posts [far right] position of middle post. On opening it up and then reading the top level posts and the single active permalink I can't see the total of 3 entries for that post. Further my "Have Viewed" status never changes to zero for this single post.

Does this happen to any one else? Any idea why?

Feeling like Alice Out of Wonderland :D

20 answers to this question

Did we all get promoted (or hired)?  I mean I've never been addressed as staff here in Answers.  :)

But to your question.  Yes, I have seen that phenomenon a couple times before (well, maybe only one time that I can remember).  I spent a few minutes looking in all the permalinks for that phantom post.........never found it.  I wrote it off to someone posting something (possibly as a permalink comment) and then came back and deleted it.  That was my guess anyway.

• Like 1

That explanation makes sense. As to the "volunteer staff" reference, all of YOU have made me feel like one of the gang and it has a definite flavor of family with a common sense of mission. :) P.S. All of you just walked into SL Answers and picked up a pencil and just got started helping. So I guess we are all self-employed non-compensated staff.  Here's yourCookie raise!

the draft thing appears in your forum account. idk how it works but it seems that if you dont post right away what you writed, even if you post finally, its autosaved in the draft thing. idk how.. but i have often things in my draft... posts i have posted but prob that i took more time for posting them...and i guess the thread list is still counting them as normal posts while they are only ghosted, bec its the autosaved copy and not the post itself

not forcely not sent. some posts appears in my draft as autosaved even after i have posted them... its just an autosave that keep in the draft box... so i guess it the only logic explaination...

i have one, in my draft, that i posted, but still in my draft, for this thread.. so maybe we see here one in the list that its not appearing in the thread ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.