I have this mesh skirt and when I bend over, my rear bleed through

LaillaLollitaChollita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My AO has a bend over animation in it. I have this mesh skirt and when I bend over, my rear bleeds through it. I have the alpha on and even have a shape that the rear is smaller. I have tried other alphas from other skirts but the alfph is too long. I had already contacted the creator about color option and would feel weird to ask her about another probem. Do I have to make the rear at an 0? Any advice, please?

2 answers to this question

Geez, just talk to the creator of skirt...

You can try tweaking your shape. But, any mesh clothing item is likely to have problems with movements that move the avatar a large distance from the standing pose. That's just the way it is.

Creators can only weight the clothes for a certain amount of movement. Then they have to make another item weighted for the alternate poses.

Get demo and try it in the poses you plan to use. If it works then buy it.

This is one of the many problems with mesh clothing.  Especially if the clothing is tight-fitting, it is very difficult to design it so that it fits your av body perfectly.  A well-made alpha layer can help a lot, but it's difficult for a designer to predict exactly what your body's shape will be like and how much of it she needs to hide with the alpha layer.  I almost always need to remake the alpha layer that comes with mesh clothing so that it's properly designed for my body.  If you do not have the skill to do that (or the time), then your only option is to play with the Appearance sliders and alter your body's shape to fit the skirt.  (editorial: Personally, I absolutely refuse to do that.  We have to put up with that nonsense enough in RL, so I am not going to start changing my shape in SL to fit some designer's idea of what I should look like.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.