I have a running lighting script after removing an item from my parcel

Thomasine Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a lighting script that is still running a half an hour after removing the tea lights item from my parcel. I mistakenly deleted it from my inventory, including emptying it with rest of my trash. I thought I was deleting the original as it was a copy item. I wanted to set up other things on my parcel and was taking most of the items into inventory and deleting items that I had the original already there. Any way to shut it off the lighting script without preventing any other scripts from running(radio, sounds, etc, or do I have to live with the script running and put some kind of item--outside fire, fireplace to make the running lighting script plausible.

I've been in SL for over 5 years and have never made such a dumb mistake, I think!

Lune Shadow (thomasine.guisse)

1 answer to this question

If you took the items into your inventory that you assumed had the light script in it, then the light should have disappeared.  Since it didn't then something remains.  Look for a transparent prim that actually contains the light script which you can then delete since it has copy permissions.  From the Advanced menu (World > Show > Advanced), select Highlighting and Visibility > Highlight Transparent. This helps you see transparent objects.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.