How do I change the classified ad from "shopping" to "destination: Bars & Grills"?

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just opened a new Saloon. Closest category for classified ads was "shopping" but a saloon isn't shopping for goods, it's shopping for a good time. Closest category to that is Bars & Grills in the destinations listing. I've already paid for the classified ad, so I'll live with that for the week. Still, How do I get my saloon listed as a bar & grill. This is a full service, 19th century saloon, by the way. (wink)

2 answers to this question

"Destinations" is a special category.  To get your place listed there, you have to nominate it for inclusion in the Destinations Guide.  Then LL will visit it, evaluate it, and if you get lucky, MIGHT include it in Destinations for a while, before rotating it out to give another popular location a slot.

The most likely category for your saloon would be Places/Hangouts.

I guess half an answer is better than no answer. Thanks for the information on what I need. Still need to know the nomination procedure and where to get the form.. I spent too long pushing paper in my R L jobs to let a little application scare me. Hmmm. On further thought, my whole working life has been pushing papers, sometimes interspersed with stretches of manual labor. My first job was as an outside salesman for a livestock feed company. That started my love-hate affair with paper work but you didn't want to mess up an order for 25 tons of chicken feed concentrate. My last job 35 years later was as a real estate appraiser for the federal government. Again, didn't want to pay more than market value, but neither did you want to underpay.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.