Can't drag new pictures from inventory. I bought new at market

dj999012

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought 8 new pictures at the market. 2 were gif/ moving and 6 were regular pic and came in box Some just texture and some boxes had textures and frame. The moving gods ok just drag to wall and all good. The frames can drag to wall but tiny and edit won't stretch them. Tried to drag textures to frame or wall and shows locked. No notecard?if I click textures I can see pictures but can't put them anywhere. Boxes do open fine. Pictures were from StrDir if brand matters???

1 answer to this question

Continuation of http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Getting-Started/I-buy-pictures-from-maker-and-they-come-how-do-I-put-texture/qaq-p/2888776

You won't be able to use the gif images in world because the only formats you are allowed to upload to SL are PNG, TGA, JPG, and BMP.  It's not clear to me why they would be in a Marketplace listing.  As I explained in your earlier thread, you will not be able to stretch or reformat the framed things unless you have permission to modify them. 

If you are finding that you cannot drag an image to a frame or wall because it is locked, you will need to unlock that frame or wall first, assuming that you have permission to do that.  Select the wall or frame with your edit tool, navigate to the tool's Object tab, and UNcheck the "locked" box, if it allows you to.  Then you ought to be able to drag/drop your texture onto the surface.  If you are not allowed to unlock the frame or wall prim, you can always simply rez and resize a new prim to use as a display object instead.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.