All my landmarks have been deleted

Kitsea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All my landmarks have been deleted and I did not do this. I tried to relog and still nothing. How can this happen? Could someone have gotten into my account and done this? Anyway to get them back without searching all over again? I am confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

River

P.S. Sorry for the double post....I did not mean to do that. I also want to thank all ahead of time for any help.

2 answers to this question

Hi River,

It's quite likely you've NOT lost your landmarks. Now and then the local copy of your second life inventory (which includes all your landmarks) gets goofed up, perhaps because of a viewer crash or any number of imponderables. They're still on the SL servers and it's just a matter of getting them back on your computer again.

Here's a wiki page describing the issue and ways to fix it. I recommend you try the first of the "Common Solutions"...

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

Good luck!

ETA: And please don't repost questions. The forum software is a mess and doing so pushes other questions off the front page and prevents us from tracking any responses to your first question. The best way to continue a dialog is to add information to your original question by editing it. You can do so via "Options" over there on the right.

ETA2: No worries about the double post, River. As I said, the forum software is a mess. It seems to have been designed to make asking and answering questions as difficult as possible.

• Like 1

It is likely that your landmarks will return. There have been numerous complaints over the last few days of people loosing whole folders. I HAVE lost whole folders (and one time my landmarks) and they didn't return. There has been lots of database work going on and hopefully stuff will appear soon. If not, you may have many of your landmarks inside clothing folders and other items purchased.

If you look at the MAP area there is a slot that says "my landmarks". You might check there to see if they are in evidence. I don't know if your landmark folder is connected to this or not. In the VERY old days, the map landmarks kept track of all the places you went. And there is your teleport history too which may have links to a lot of the places you may have lost.

Good luck. .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.