Where can i find info on nail sizes for hands?

U1020867

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so I recently purchashed some sculpts for prim nails to go on hands. I'm hoping to sell these nails on marketplace with my outfits. The vendor I purchased them from gives one sample size to show what looks like. As ladies would know there is usually sizes 10,20 and 30 etc available when you buy your nails to fit each avi hand..however i have no clue what the specs are for them...and none was left in instructions.

There has to be a table or script or something that can give the info on the rotation, size, position etc for each size? Rather then spending forever tryign to place them on the hand?

I've checked through all the forums...i've looked on marketplace for scripts...or for standard nail sizing to no avail.

A push in the right direction would be much appreciated :)

Thank you in advance!!

2 answers to this question

You're expecting too much logic. I would be very surprised to see that there is a table like that, at least not one that is publicly available.  Nails are an "after market" invention, not anything in Linden Lab's design for the avatar, so anything that has been developed has been done by third-party creators.  If they have tables, they are "trade secrets" that each creator has figured out painstakingly by herself.  It does surprise me, though, that anyone would sell nails that are not already set to attach at the proper spots, without needing any user adjustment.  If I were you, I would ask the creator about it.

BTW, if the "sculpts" that you bought really are sculpties, not mesh, you may have bought ones that have been on the market for quite a while and are out of date.  I don't buy nails myself, but I suspect that the best ones today are all mesh.

Nope, you size them manually.  Stand on a pose stand, wear a female shape, set the hand size to 10, 20, or 30.  Then size and position each nail on the fingers.  DO NOT WEAR THEM.  Rez each nail in world, and move it into position.  When they are all in position, create another "anchor object", a small cube or sphere, and place it in the palm of the hand.  Texture it 100% transparent. 

Texture the nails with a UV map which you've created in an external paint program like GIMP or Photoshop.

Select all the nails, and last the anchor prim, which will be the root prim of the linkset.  Link the prims. 

Take the completed nail set into your inventory.  NOW wear it on the hand attach point.  You will need to edit it back into position.

Once you detach it again, you're done.  Name it appropriately, like "MyFaveNails (L) (20)" and repeat for the other hand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.