My Meike Hugger is broken!

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm so sad.  For years now, I have used a Hug and Kiss HUD from Meike.  It's by far the best hugger I've ever found...versatile, adjustable, and accurate.  But a few days back, some update by LL broke it.  Now, whenever I log in, or click the texture pane in my Edit window, or put on or take off clothing or attachments, or open a new IM window, I fly up into the air!

I tried re-setting the scripts, but that didn't help.  Then I tried to look up the creator to ask HIS help, but there's a note in his profile that he's left Second Life.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?  Some fix to the Meike would be splendid, but recommendations for an alternate product would also be welcome.  And nuts to the "no naming products" stuff, you're responding to a woman in need here, not advertising.

EDIT TO ADD:  Rolig, you are right, it's not the hugger.  Sometimes, if I detach either the hugger or my AutoEmote HUD, the problem stops for a while.  Sometimes it happens with NO HUDs attached.  This is really annoying when I have my camera focused on a texture, click the window, and whoop!  camera re-sets and I'm up in the air.

1 answer to this question

It may not be the HUD, Lindal.  I was dancing the other night, opened my inventory to check something, and flew up into the air too.  We can't see into the SL JIRA any more, so I can't tell if this is a bug that anyone has reported.  It's not on the Firestorm JIRA as far as I can tell, though.  Anyway.... don't be too quick to toss your HUD.  With luck, LL will recognize the problem and build a fix into an upcoming release.  I wish I could suggest an alternative HUD in the meantime, but I've never had a need for one, so I don't keep track of what's out there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.