500 images: Is that enough?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EDIT: Follow up to this OP in THIS POST.

One hundred images my seem like a lot but in a visual world they can go fast and if they do what happens to the knowledge base? Yesterday I posted 2 images for just one post to explain how to start a tread. If I have to delete those because I run out of room what happens to the help that I gave? At just 2 images a day I will be out of room by Easter. This is what I posted yesterday:

Go here:

Picture 3.png 

Then here:

Picture 4.png 

If I delete the images help I gave will be lost forever. :smileysad:

Update: You are now allowed 500 images.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

One hundred images my seem like a lot but in a visual world they can go fast and if they do what happens to the knowledge base?

It's really unreasonable to expect LL to continue providing image hosting for every image that forum users might decide to upload.

Eventually Linden Lab will really need to open image posting back up to allow images hosted on services like snapzilla (pics.sluniverse.com), Imageshack, yfrog, Flickr, Picassa and others. It's only a matter of time.

The issue you pointed out is a very real one, with each user limited to only 100 images, and images posted to answers and knowledge base count toward that limit.. Its simply unsustainable. Torley could use up that limit in a fortnight.

Lexie Linden wrote:

Hi

The team is looking at what can be done to increase image uploads.  Will keep you updated as we learn more!

Thank you Lexie as I understand it we are now allowed 500 images.

But...

1) Should there be a warning when you get to that limit? The way it is now the system just starts deleting them on you when you get to your limit.

2) Is there any way the images can stay with the post and not the user, you know like the old system? When I post an image I no longer consider it mine but the communities so why should it be saved in my profile? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.