Commerce

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Marketplace User Group: 2/3 9am PST

Brooke Linden

Hi all,

In order to try accomodating different schedules, I'm having this week's user group (formerly called office hours) at 9am PST on Thursday, 2/3. Apologies for not getting this out be EOW last week. Friday was a bit of a busy day parsing feedback and identifying issues with the Maturity roll out.

Please submit agenda items for this week's meeting. I plan to discuss the following:

• Maturity: I will be asking for pro-active feedback on what we can do in the future to make transitions like this a better experience for us all. I'll be starting with a list that those of us involved in the project on the Linden Lab side have come up with. We'll add suggestions/comments from you all and help that shape the practices of the Marketplace team going forward. I'd like to limit conversation on Maturity to 30 minutes maximum.
  • User Group Update: Plans for user groups.
  • Other topics?

I'll be updating the wiki shortly. I'll also be sending out an update on the Maturity thread at EOD today--just haven't had time to write it up yet.

Please try to submit agenda items by EOD Wednesday, 2/2.

Thanks!

Brooke

Adding link to invitation: http://bit.ly/g2nPaj

Message was edited by: Brooke Linden

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

Brooke,

Whos schedule are you accomodating if you have only moved the meeting time a couple hours from last time?  Are you referrring to accomodating Lindens attending or SL Merchants?  Accomodating different Merchant schedules would mean to me - making it a North American mid-day one week then a North American evening the next?  Shifting it a few hours in mid day still means I am at work RL.

As for suggestions on how to improve future rollouts... How much more can be said in User Group meetings that wasnt already said in the post Change postings from your last week deployment?  I think its quite obvious what your team needs to do.  You know it, your team knows it, we all have said it in the forums countless times.  So it shouldnt be taking up 30 minutes (except for the anger your team has generated from the most recent disaster to the SLM).

More importantly.... how do we get ANY assurance from you that the LL Commerce Team will actually change their ways?  What your team bombshelled us with last week is what LL has been doing to us for EVER.

Encourage you not to be discouraged with last week's OH comments, and please look into using twitter for communication.

It meets all the requirements - Fast - Easy - Fun

Second Life people DO use it for a very effective and timely form of communication. Plus it reaches many, many potential users.  Good PR - people are mostly nice there.    If they're not nice - you simply skim over, and no one will ever know. (as opposed to forums)

Thanks!

Your tweet says "Any merchant can join, just send a CS ticket." I missed the previous meeting. There is a Marketplace User Group that I need to join? By CS ticket, you mean a support ticket? If so, do I need to direct it to a specific ticket category? Please clarify. Thanks.

My suggestion about how to publish the list of 'adult' words that are used in filtering: Copy and paste the list into a notecard, put it into a prim, and sell it on the Marketplace for $0L, in the adult section

That way, the list is not published on any website owned by LL, and to get it a person needs to be age verified! Yes, yes, I know I am a genius ...

A couple of quick suggestions for the agenda:

1. Regarding the list of flagged keywords. Can you please discuss the reasoning behind not publishing these keywords. I'm very much in two minds about whether it is better for them to be published or not. If they were published (in a restricted area somewhere) at least that would give merchants an opportunity to identify and understand why their item might be rated a certain way. However, the downside is that it would give unscrupulous people a means to try and circumvent the rating system to get an obviously adult item listed as general or moderate. I suspect the latter may be your reasoning behind not publishing the keywords, which I think is probably sensible. I'd appreciate your thoughts on it though.

1. Once the maturity ratings settle down the next thing I can envision is a rush of "my item was flagged and I don't know why!" forum posts. Please can you discuss and confirm the process that happens when an item is flagged. I understand that it goes to a review team who make a decision and it is not automatically delisted, but there still seems to be some bits of confusion over this. Also, can you discuss the process someone should use if they are unsure what to do about their flagged item or if they believe it was wrongly flagged. I know Dakota has said before that people can contact her via support ticket for further advice if required, It would be ideal though if merchants got some more advice on the flagging message. For example, if someone's item was unlisted for being rated general when it was in fact adult, it would be nice if the message said words to the effect of "Your item has been delisted as it was rated General when the item contains Adult content. To fix this issue please either rate the item correctly as Adult or fix the item to be in-line with the guidelines for General content."

Thanks!

ETA: Actually, one other thing if there is time on the agenda. Re this discussion: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/596510#596510 It would be handy if you could confirm whether this is correct or not. I'm unsure about it. I'd always assumed that all the magic box has to worry about is delivering the individual 'delivery boxes' (up to a max of 10 in the cart) and that the asset server only came into play for the contents once the box was received and opened. If i'm wrong though and the contents of delivery boxes comes into play for the marketplace delivery, perhaps there is some merit in investigating whether failed deliveries occur more on boxes with a large amount of content?

I've never actually encountered a failed delivery on the marketplace (and have regularly used the cart to purchase up to 10 items, some of which have a lot of content). It's always intrigued me why some people seem to have more issue with failed deliveries than others. There must be a reason. Maybe I have just been lucky but part of me also wonders whether it is more to do with the sim performance on the sending and receiving end?

I'll bite... what's with the name change?  Is this a company-wide direction, or is something going to be done differently with these sessions than is done with any of the other office hours sessions held by all the other staffers?

TriloByte Zanzibar wrote:

I'll bite... what's with the name change?  Is this a company-wide direction, or is something going to be done differently with these sessions than is done with any of the other office hours sessions held by all the other staffers?

well, I have two theories.  First, it's that (and granted I've only ever attended Jack's an Brookes (one) OH) these are planned to be much like her first, following an agenda vs. a Q&A style meeting.

Second, it's that Office Hours (in terms of what college instructors offer) are meant to be helpful, helping people to get a better understanding of the issues being discussed. Or a place where you can take issues you are having (be they personal or more wide spread bureaucratic ones) to someone who can help you with your struggles...That tends to be rare where LL is concerned.

I would like a progress report on features that have been discussed/promised but not instituted.  (others please feel free to add to the list)

• A RP/Gorean category added to MP as it's a very large community and there are certain items that don't properly fit into other categories like non-weapon accessories (gauntlets, belts, bracelets, armor, leg warmers, etc)  Ones that tend to be very gorean specific in style and thus get tucked away in other categories.
  • The ability to cross list items in up to 3 categories.  (those selling holiday items that might work for other things could list these in more than one section.  ie.  a Valentines cake could be listed in the holiday section, decorations, and under food type items as well.
  • The ability to "design" our store page (organizing the products into some sort of order so someone can feature certain items because they are recent or relevant to the nearest holiday, etc.
  • The ability to have two "stores" for those that carry more than one brand
  • The ability to run a search within a merchant's store so if they carry a dress you like in green, you can click on their store and punch in "blue dress" and see what that merchant carries by way of blue dresses, etc.
  • bulk uploads of pictures.  It takes me about 2 minutes to upload a picture.  I don't know why MP is so slow for me.  other sites work just fine.  I can upload about 20 pictures to wordpress in the time it takes me to get two onto MP.
  • I'd love to see a default picture option for items that are identical except for color.  I tend to post one image of the color and then one of the item from several angles.  So one image is usually the same for all 5-10 colors an item comes in... but I still have to upload that picture for each and every one of them.  Could we not have some kind of "gallery" to store our pictures in so we could just add them from our databank instead of having to upload them over and over?
  • Related items "linking themselves" is this a possibility?  If I have an outfit that comes in blue, red, green, purple, black when I do the listing for blue, I link it to red, green purple, black.  But then when I do red, I have to link blue, green, purple, black and so on.  Is there a way for it to understand that I just want these as a group and whichever isn't in the main posting should be linked to the rest?  Related items is especially annoying because we have to have SOME sort of listing created just to even link it... ie an item in my store inventory that still says "create" under the listing column cannot be linked to any other items as a related item.  We must first edit the listing somehow (usually bulk editing anything about the item, saving, then going back to the original item we wanted to set up).
  • Updating an item resets it's "ranking".  Making it drop to the bottom of whatever arbitrary sales bracket LL has placed it into.
  • And on a side note, WHY are past sales even part of the algorithm for RELEVANCE searches?  When I search for RELEVANT items, I don't care how many they sell.  It doesn't matter to me if it's the most popular item on MP I don't care what it's rated.  I just want something that pertains to my search.  And is a CLOSE MATCH to what I'm seeking.  If I wanted to know what sold best and had the best rating, I'd search by those two criteria.  Relevance should scan the items title (returning items with the exact match in title first) then search keywords (returning items who's title, keywords have the best match behind the title results) then it should return items with best match is in title, keywords, features.  Then any other results that have some arbitray combination of words that MP finds relevant.  If I search Red House, I don't want to see a pair of red freebie shoes that sells 100 a day just because it has Red in the title and is popular.
  • Still waiting for word on if/when the new items defaulting to the very last page will be fixed.  That's just upsurd as most items that are newer are BETTER than our older creations but who's going to see them on the last page?  And I presume this is because they have NO sales history at all as opposed to our older items that have most likely at least sold once.
  • And I know some have been patiently awaiting news on the promised "coupons feature" I could care less if search actually worked properly.  But some seem to really fancy the idea.
  • Personally, after spending weeks fixing my listings after migration, studying the rankings for about a month trying to figure out why my sales shifted so drastically, and what one would have to do to get their items to a location to be seen (especially considering the horrid search algorithm that still might not return it as relevant if a totally unrelated item sells more than you) I've given up on MP.  I don't add any new product even though only about 1/10 of what I sell is on there.  And this latest nightmare has just discouraged me even more.  Had I added ALL my inventory after sorting  out the migration, I would now have TONS of product to try to fix after this poorly planned filtering system.
  • And one last question... why does it seem LL always rolls out these issues right before holidays?  First migration was right before halloween.  Then the stupid enhancements glitch happened right before xmas (and let's not forget the MASSIVE failed deliveries as we neared xmas).  Now its this and right before valentines day.  Especially bad as your filter is probably flagging keywords people used to promote the amorous holiday.
  • Oh!  and some sort of temporary fix (be it a warning that multiple items in carts fail more often or disabling carts until the changeover) to aid with delivery issues until the (dreaded) new boxless system is in effect.  I will voice a general plea to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test, retest, test again, dry run (with a backup and immediately reversible default back to boxes), test again, and test a final time before pushing out a new buggy "feature" (yes I use the term loosely) on us.  And for the love of god PLEASE fix the asset server/disappearing inventory issue before relying on this buggy system to hold our MP wellbeing in its hands.
  1. Marketplace Maturity Filter = wrong by nature and has to be shut off immediatly
  2. Marketplace Review Notifications: there are lots of bad reviews because of failed deliveries. Those are neither our faults nor can we react as we never know about the review in the first place! Also, could customers be informed on review page that before they review badly they at least should try to communicate with the seller? (That's ebay standard.) Thank you!
  3. Marketplace "Cancel Button" for Pending deliveries: Merchants have to be able to cancel a pending delivery manually to be able to solve such things immediatly when requested by customer. I had people crying because their dress for the wedding that was just about to start didn't arrive because of Marketplace delay.
  4. okay... and 4th as always: Marketplace Failed Deliveries

Hi Brooke

The main issues that I would like discussed are...

~ Delivery problems, up until yesterday I had not suffered from my products not being delivered in a timely fashion, or not at all. Reports showed that when people purchase more than one item (ie using the cart) that my items were always delivered then bam, yesterday 7 problems all in one day, out of the blue. My boxes had all be reset earlier that day so were functioning, I have less than 99 items in each & I have copies on three seperate sims so really there is no reason! If the boxes cant handle multiple deliveries then the cart should be disabled until they can. How long must we wait for the inventory delivery system & will this reall be any better or will it be the next round of nightmares for Merchants. Even when customers get a clear message stating that the merchant has not been paid & to wait 8 hours etc etc they can still get quite disgruntled & as one customer said to me last night "if I wanted to wait 8 hours for something I wouldnt have ordered it from the marketplace". We need some reassurance & action on this issue before our businesses get a bad reputation for something over which we have no controll.

~ PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE can we have notifications by email of when someone posts a review, for soooo many reasons!

~There was some mention in the past that we would be able to nominate another AV to have access to SLM to add & edit listings. This would be VERY useful for those of us with business partners to share the load.

I also agree with the points quoted from another post...

• The ability to cross list items in up to 3 categories.  (those  selling holiday items that might work for other things could list these  in more than one section.  ie.  a Valentines cake could be listed in the  holiday section, decorations, and under food type items as well.

The ability to have two "stores" for those that carry more than one brand

• The  ability to run a search within a merchant's store so if they carry a  dress you like in green, you can click on their store and punch in "blue  dress" and see what that merchant carries by way of blue dresses, etc.
  • The ability to cross list items in up to 3 categories.  (those selling holiday items that might work for other things could list these in more than one section.  ie.  a Valentines cake could be listed in the holiday section, decorations, and under food type items as well.

Expanding on this - yes, this is very important, and in the meantime was willing to pay for this, by running an enhancement in the second category.  Unless I've got some kind of a glitch going on - - this is not possible either.

Example is a Valentine's living room set, which has to be run timely and effectively for a brief period - - plugged in an enhancement to run it in the Home and Garden section, which would be a regular category.  Then went to run the enhancement in the Valentine section, and enhancement features would not give the opportunity to run it in another category like that - only other options were to run it on home page or some checkout pages.  Major blow on that promotion by not getting in that valentine section first.  And this applies to all kinds of items, not just seasonal items.

If there is no intention of offering the ability to list in multiple categories as part of a free listing - - (some) people would certainly be willing to pay for that option, and in some cases it's absolutely required for effective promotions.  Again, unless I've got a glitch going on - - it just isn't possible the way your enhancement options are set up.  If it is possible - it certainly was not a user friendly process - tried frantically to get that done - just would not give another category option.

If the reason that running in multiple categories is not allowed has to do with abuse...understandable...but willing to pay for the second and third categories as a regular listing as well, not necessarily a featured listing, but a one time fee that lasts for the duration, probably discouraging abuse.  Actually think that offering these options would cut down on people sticking items in root categories to be flagged.  I would choose 3 "acceptable to the flaggers" categories over a root category any day.

We could sell a lot more stuff with these options.

Toysoldier.Thor wrote:

Brooke,

Whos schedule are you accomodating if you have only moved the meeting time a couple hours from last time?  Are you referrring to accomodating Lindens attending or SL Merchants?  Accomodating different Merchant schedules would mean to me - making it a North American mid-day one week then a North American evening the next?  Shifting it a few hours in mid day still means I am at work RL.

Toy, Brooke said she would be moving the hours around.  This is just ONE WEEK.  I'm sure in the future, it will shift even more.  Maybe next week it'll be 7am or 2pm.  Who knows?  I think it's a smart move, actually.  Had she totally flipped it from 11am SLT to 11pm SLT, it probably would have totally alienated the crowd who was at the first one.  I think moving it a little at a time is a good move.  Hopefully, it will provide that ability to have more of a wave effect where half the people from the last one can always make it to the next one therefore lending a bit of stability to who attends while still accomodating everyone.  If she moves the time too drastically, she runs the risk of having few, if no repeat attendees and that could just lead to a total rerun of all the issues covered the previous week because no one heard the previous answers.  Kinda like rolling restarts.  LL could either take the whole grid offline at once, or do it bit by bit and eventually get to everyone.

Plus, let's keep in mind, LL is an AMERICAN business.  Brooke is probably required (just guessing) to hold her OH on the clock which would most likely be during business hours in PST.  So it would have to be sometime between 9am and 4pm SLT.  So regardless of what time best suits Brooke, she might never be able to hold them past a certain time even if that's best for accomodating more users.

In my book, delayed/failed deliveries are a HUGE issue that needs to be addressed and yet, seems to be getting totally ignored. If LL and the SLM team are not planning on fixing this, can something be done to let users know that this is not something that we, as merchants, have any control over? Please?  I think a short notice at the top of the confirmation page letting buyers know that deliveries are taking longer than normal would be great and take like 10 min to implement.

Another issue that is effecting sales is new product placement. If the new products are being put at the very back and never seen, what incentive do we have to list our new items on SLM? This is especialy ture for categories that have a huge number of established entries. This will also discourage new merchants from using teh SLM at all. Why would they?

I think a more unified and singular notice system is very much needed for merchants.  Right now, there are blogs, forums, the in-world group, email, Twitter and Facebook. It's becoming too time comsuming for a single person merchant (as opposed to a team) to both keep up with the news and build a business. Decide which is the easiest for you and make sure all merchants have access to it by default without sending in a CS ticket.

I think that some of the new features that have been discussed are great, but there are some fundamental issues that will overshoadow any new features that you may come out with if they are not addressed as well.

Archetypus.Deed wrote:

In my book, delayed/failed deliveries are a HUGE issue that needs to be addressed and yet, seems to be getting totally ignored. If LL and the SLM team are not planning on fixing this, can something be done to let users know that this is not something that we, as merchants, have any control over? Please?  I think a short notice at the top of the confirmation page letting buyers know that deliveries are taking longer than normal would be great and take like 10 min to implement.

At the last OH, Brooke made it clear that LL's "solution" to the delivery problems will be the boxless system as the boxes are to blame for the delivery issues (which surprises me as I used the magic box with SLX and never had these issues, nor did I hear about these issues nearly as often (almost daily).  They (be that the commerce team or LL as a whole) feel that fixing the delivery issue is a waste of energy that could be directed at the larger issue-getting rid of the boxes.

I have been asking (since Jack was still here) to either disable the cart or at least post a warning.  And preferably, instructions to the customers about the proper way to have the issue addressed (ie. file a ticket).  Others have requested a "cancel order" option so that merchants can cancel the current order (or even the customer could) resulting in a refund via MP and then if the merchant was available they could hand redeliver the item via inventory offer.

In response to the 8hour waiting period while the customer's money is in "escrow" (being held by LL as the system tries to figure out if it's a true failure or not) someone suggested shortening that wait period to like 15 minutes.  If after 15 minutes the transaction has failed, then LL refunds the money and the merchant could send it inworld, the customer could try again, the customer could shop inworld, whatever.  But they current system ties up the money and in some cases, the shopper doesn't have the funds to make another purchase until that refund has gone through.

on a side note... the cart as it stands is a simply idiotic implimentation.  The whole purpose of shopping carts (on normal sites) is so that a customer can combine all their items and possibly save on shipping if they can be packaged together.  It makes perfect sense for REAL WORLD GOODS.  But for the delivery of virtual goods, it makes no sense at all as there are no shipping rates.  And in my opinion, it actually reduces overall spending.  I know I for one tried the cart one day and when I saw 1,000L staring back at me on the checkout page, I rethought some of the stuff I was getting and dumped it.  However I can't count the number of times I spent much more than that on SLX zipping through the "buy now" button racking up 300 here and 500 there and 600 there and 200 there... on and on.  The impulse shopping was much smoother on SLX.  You clicked it and it was yours and only by keeping a mental tally (which I never bothered to do) was I aware how much I was splurging.  Now I hardly shop on MP cause the buy now button makes me page through like three pages to get my item.  (I call it the "buy eventually" button) I hardly shop on MP and these days I only buy freebies on there so if it fails, I'm not stuck trying to figure out if it'll resolve or get cancelled.  I don't want to use the cart because it fails too much.  And I don't want to go through "buy now" on EVERY SINGLE ITEM cause it takes so long to actually get to the page where I can have it delivered.  And don't even get me started on those stupid last page ads.  Those really annoy the crap out of me.  Not so much that they're there.  But that there are so many of them, I can't even see the stupid "place your order" button way at the bottom.  I can't count the number of times I've wondered if I had a failed delivery before coming back to the page and remembering that stupid button is buried down there and I forgot to hit it.  And I'm a merchant... if I can't remember it, how often are the customers remembering to do it?  How many of these failed deliveries are just the result of the poor page structure on MP?

It is obvious that there is a problem with communication, and no1 really knows how to solve this problem.

As I'm sitting here, I recall times on the forums when LL kind of announced upcoming changes or projects. Of course, immediately afterwards, tons of people are pissed and adding all kinds of comments. Now, alot of the comments might seem like just BS with piles of ranting, but if you look at the overall picture, LL got a great view on how the community felt, and sometimes things were changed to accomidate the community.

The only real problems that I see, is how it all is presented. The community as a whole, does tend to rag on Lindens quite a bit, claiming they don't spend enough time in SL or that they do not do what we do. Most of this is probably BS, but if any1 of us looked at any1 of each other, we could all probably say the same things about each other. None of us do the exact same things as any1 else, or have the same experiences. But, together, we can have similar goals and views to help SL make decisions.

It's like working with a partner or group, you bring things up because you know that other people are going to bring up issues that you had not thought of. LL just needs to frame things in a way that says, "Hey, we are just bouncing some ideas around and want to know what your thoughts are". Then, all LL has to do is read the thread and they will see loads of examples of why something is or is not a good idea or how to make it better. Sure, some people might get upset or whatever, but if every1 knows that it is just ideas and not something coming in the next month, they will be much calmer about them. So, I guess I'm saying that we need to be brought into the whole process much earlier.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

So, I guess I'm saying that we need to be brought into the whole process much earlier.

I second this.  Too many times we're told such and such is being implimented in a few days, weeks, months... things that affect a vast majority of people and we have no clue it's coming!  Then we're told there were "focus groups" to discuss it or there was a thread buried god knows where in the forums.  Whatever happened to discussing these things INWORLD?  Why aren't there LL announcements INWORLD?  Why isn't there a bi-weekly OH type thing where someone from LL covers the big projects and then afterwards those spearheading the projects discussed have a OH to take feedback?

I don't understand why Mesh, which yes it's an improvment and will make SL all the more interesting, has been so widely publicized, so widely shared with the public but something like the teens merging didn't seem to go public till after it was decided.  This MP filter wasn't discussed before it was implimented.... it gives off the very real impression that LL tries to hide those things they know are bad or unpopular ideas and spring them on us when it's too late for feedback to be helpful.

People are FLOCKING to set up stores in alternative grids.  LL's behavior in the past year has been brutal on the economy and merchant faith in LL.  While I applaud your attempts to communicate, Brooke... I can't help but agree that these things need to come to light much sooner than they have been.

@Loving Clarity: I've atended a number of Office Hours meetings held by different individuals & departments over the years, and a fair number of them work from an agenda.  Some have a fixed agenda, and others use the SL Wiki for their agenda and allow community participants to add/suggest items.

If there's a good reason for it, rebrand away.  But changing the name from Office Hours to User Group without good cause just makes things more confusing (and more difficult) for new residents, and muddies the waters rather than fosters clear communication. 

While there are a great many issues that I and others would like to see addressed, my personal preference is to focus on depth rather than breadth, and spend the time discussing issues and potential solutions for Maturity ratings. I know I personally will not be directing any efforts into modifying or adding any listings until this has settled into something more manageable, which also delays any plans I had to purchase banner advertising.

If there is time, I am also still interested in getting a better understanding of how items will be set for sale and managed when Magic Boxes go away. I didn't get a lot of clarity on that in the last meeting. Also, is there an ETA for this?

I am not sure what the logic is for Brooke to change the long standing LL naming convention of an Open Office to a User Group meeting.  It serves no purpose but to increase confusion and reduce effective communications.  shrugs... but what ever.

Rachel, after read the transcripts of Brooke's meeting with trilo and pam today, the message was pretty clear in that other than trying to make an ugly useless solution look more pretty and work a little better, she is not allowed to compromise on considering any better new solutions on maturity filtering.  She made that point really clear.  So LL filtering fields as stupid as the KEYWORDS fields is not on the table.  Considering more effective establishement of maturity ranking items (like self assesment and policing) are not going to happen.  It will be more - how do we make this ugly idea less painful to the merchants.  Then the Merchant have to figure out for themselves what creative ideas they can come up with to find loopholes or re-enter their items to be seen by the entire SLM shoppers market if the filters are hurting business.

I think we should discuss with Brooke the option of commissions compensation since LL "MUST" put this policy in place to protect themselves from their own stupidity of merging the teen grid with the adult grid.  That should be an internal cost to their business.  As such, reduce the commission to 4% for adjust for lost market reach and reduced sales that the policy has impacted the business.  This wont help those Merchant that have lost a lot more but maybe the new slm commission model should be 5% commission on all GENERAL Classed sales, 4% for any MODERATE classed sales, and 3% for any mature classed sales.  THEN Brooke and LL can keep their Child Protection Filter in place.

I think the agenda should focus on more basic issues.... 1) effective communications with Merchants, 2) How will Merchants get more access, voice, input into future SLM decisions BEFORE they have been decided upon,  3)  Can SLM Merchants see / hear further out into the LL future of what we need to be ready for and fearful of.  What is LL's 12 month roadmap on SLM?  What do they really wanna accomplish?  Will SLM features ever be fixed like reporting?

Rachel, I fully agree that right now the most pressing issue is Maturity Rating.  My post was not to imply that wasn't the forefront of topics.  But brooke's OP stated that was to be covered and asked for additional topics.  While I fully agree that the ratings are most vital to be discussed, it is also the newest in a VERY long list of things that need to be addressed concerning MP.

Once this maturity thing "blows over" (which won't really happen unless they block teens from MP or remove them from the adult grid.  yeah right.  lol) I'd like for things to be on the minds of the MP team going forward.  I'd like them to have some idea (and feedback) about what the merchants are looking forward to/expecting/were promised.  So that as one thing winds down, there's an agenda for what to move on to.  And moreso, that we, the merchants are aware of what things are on the list and where they fall.

With so much in need of repair, some things will happen soon (by LL's standards) and some may be years off.  But I think it would go a long way if the merchants were aware of what improvements we can expect soon vs. which ones are months if not over a year from even being touched.

But hey, I'm just one voice of many.  Maybe everyone else just wants them focused on one issue, keeping us in the dark about future plans and timetables.

Loving Clarity wrote:

Plus, let's keep in mind, LL is an AMERICAN business.  Brooke is probably required (just guessing) to hold her OH on the clock which would most likely be during business hours in PST.  So it would have to be sometime between 9am and 4pm SLT.  So regardless of what time best suits Brooke, she might never be able to hold them past a certain time even if that's best for accomodating more users.

Pink regularly held 3 sessions over one day. But yes, she did at least one from home. I remember her saying it was her bed time. So it isn't a requirement to have them in normal working hours - probably more a choice.