You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Topics: 0
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 6

For Bloodline players....how much is a soul worth?

i was wondering...does anyone that plays bloodlines pay for souls?... if so how much are they worth?....how much would u be willing to pay?...do ppl sell them on xstreet?... it would make the bloodline makers money...u have to buy their HUD for each soul...just think how much u could make if u where selling them for $L1000 each + the HUD cost....u would have to make alts everyday to stay in business and it would be 14 days before u could start selling ur first batch...and u would have too pay LL after they caught on to what u were doing since u would be way over the alt limit and they would most likely start charging u... any thoughts?...does anyone know ppl that do this?

meow
Cyzicus Xue

Re: For Bloodline players....how much is a soul worth?

Reply to Saikiki Moriguchi - view message

Saikiki.Moriguchi wrote:

i was wondering...does anyone that plays bloodlines pay for souls?... if so how much are they worth?....

Yes, there are people that buy and sell Bloodlines souls.  Lately I have seen them selling for 700-800L$.

Saikiki.Moriguchi wrote:

how much would u be willing to pay?...do ppl sell them on xstreet?... it would make the bloodline makers money...u have to buy their HUD for each soul...just think how much u could make if u where selling them for $L1000 each + the HUD cost....

I personally wouldnt be willing to pay anything because I can make my own.  People cannot sell them on xstreet because you can not box up a soul to sell.  The buyer has to reap them off you with a soul reaper.   The 700-800L$ they commonly sell for is not in addition to a HUD.  Its the total price, so the profit (if you can find a buyer) is about 100-200L$, although by making your own alts, you can also pull 5 liters of blood off each of them which may have a value too.  You just need to have a lot of time on your hands.

Saikiki.Moriguchi wrote:

u would have to make alts everyday to stay in business and it would be 14 days before u could start selling ur first batch...and u would have too pay LL after they caught on to what u were doing since u would be way over the alt limit and they would most likely start charging u... any thoughts?...does anyone know ppl that do this?

If you are converting them yourself (buying HUDs for the alts) you dont have to wait 14 days.  Once a player has purchased a HUD and activated it, they can be bitten even if they are 1 day old.  The 14 day waiting period only applies to people who havent purchased a Bloodlines HUD.

As for the Lab catching on, it would be up to you to figure out how to avoid this issue.  It can be done from what I have heard, but I cannot fill you in on the details.  And yes, I do know people who do this, but its a lousy way to make any money, unless you have a whole lot of time on your hands, a whole lot of startup L$, a whole lot of IP addresses, a whole lot of email addresses, and very little conscience.

Cynister Xpressions - Home of the free Bloodlines Bite Animation- other bites from 50-250L$
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cynister/133/118/21/
Arcane Laval

Ugh. My experience is, they don't run an honest business. They still owe me an update. But instead they wanted me to pay more for the update than I did for the original product. Never gonna happen. I'm not stupid.

My thoughts on this, I don't trust them, so I'm staying away from everything that has to do with 'em.

i knew they couldn't box a soul up put it on xstreet...but i was thinking a box with a note card inside promising a soul...lol

meow

oh have u checked ur mute list?...u might have muted them i get an update almost every time i log in...so i have them muted most of the time...lol

meow
Arcane Laval

No, I was one of their earlier customers, the product I bought from them didn't use the automatic updates feature yet. In order to receive the first update that introduced the automatic update feature, they needed to send it to me manually. I asked one of them in person and they refused to send me the update unless I paid them hard cash.

It was a long time ago. I still get confronted with their product from time to time by vampires who are surprised to see that I haven't been bitten yet and want to know why. lol. Though it's been significantly less as of late. *nods*

Advisor
Suella Ember

Saikiki.Moriguchi wrote:

i knew they couldn't box a soul up put it on xstreet...but i was thinking a box with a note card inside promising a soul...lol

That would be against the listing guidelines, in particular the part i have highlighted below:

Non-Item Listings

Our Marketplace is also not to be used for:

• Advertising events or places,
  • Advertising land sales/rentals other than in the Real Estate section,
  • Dispensing catalogs or information regarding an item without actually delivering that item, or
  • Dispensing catalogs or information regarding a service without actually charging at least 50% of the value of that service.
  • You may purchase Banner Advertising if you wish to market things of this nature on Xstreet SL.
Cyzicus Xue

Who is the one of them that you asked?  There are a lot of people running around with group tags of their own making pretending to be Bloodlines staff.  There is really only 2 people that I know of that could actually give you a HUD.   Im curious to see what you have that is so old it was pre-update.  Although I imagine with the grudge you are holding you have probably deleted it by now.

But really, when you bought the original product, unless it promised unlimited updates, then you got what you paid for.

Cynister Xpressions - Home of the free Bloodlines Bite Animation- other bites from 50-250L$
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cynister/133/118/21/
Arcane Laval

I don't remember the name of that person, nor would it be appropriate to post it here. I researched the issue at the time, it was legit. Their reasoning was that they had taken over the product line from it's original creator, and had re-scripted it (there was no proof as to the extent of this) to create the network system. They believed that therefore they deserved the full product price for that particular update.

I disagreed because when you create a new product, you have to build your customer base by yourself. In essence you have to earn it. These particular people inherited the brandname and it's existing customer base and exploited that for marketing purposes. Their reasoning for not even discounting the existing customer base for the update would only make sense if they had created a completely new product with a new name.

It's not like discounting the inherited customer base would have hurt them because when you create a good enough product, you will gain new customers who would pay the full price automatically. The fact that they insisted for me to pay in full put immediate doubts into my mind as to the quality of the re-scripting done by the newcomers.

Basically from my perspective they just wanted to make a quick buck at the expense of existing loyal costumers that they merely inherited. That's their prerogative of course, but I don't dance like that, so I declined and left it alone. I don't believe it's an honest way of doing business, because they hadn't done or offered anything to prove that their work was indeed better than the work of the original creator and deserved the price they were asking for it. I just had to take their word for it.

The HUD I have is called "The Thirst". It displays images of a female face which you can click to control the vampire teeth and the animations of your own face. It has a bug too if I remember correctly. I still have it, though I no longer use it for I created my own teeth without bugs. Though I hardly use those anymore either, but that's prolly cause I "grew out" of the whole teeth thing lol.

I don't generally hold grudges. Besides, grudges are personal, this is just business. A HUD with that bug fixed and no superduper networking intergration to pay for would have been okay with me too, but alas.

I know that there are merchants who often wave around TOS papers and point out stuff that they put in there to justify their unusual ways of doing business, taking the attitude of "too bad, you signed this, I'm untouchable", but frankly when you have to resort to that kind of thing, you already reveal the quality of your business being quite on the desperate side... nothing professional about it at least. But I have to add, that they didn't actually point out any kind of TOS to me regarding the original product at the time.

very true... ty for pointing that out =)

meow