Wanna practice terraforming? Come Here!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Literally. For a limited and indefinite time, you can freely practice your terraforming on Here region, part of Torley island. Ever wanted to know firsthand what shaping land is like before buying a parcel? Here's your chance!

• Since this is open to the public, expect things to get chaotic if the region gets popular. But please be considerate of one another.
  • Don't worry too much about cleaning up after yourself, since autoreturn time is 5 minutes. But that gives you some practice time to place objects. (Sidenote: if you have coalesced objects with Linden trees/plants which can only be rezzed on land you can terraform due to an old and weird rule, this is also a quick way to sort them out.)
But, how do you terraform? Watch this video — note it refers to an old location which no longer exists as-is. You can right-click and Edit Terrain ANYWHERE on Here region.

• Like 4

• Lindens

Hehehe thanx Irene for the translation!

Just about every time I visit, someone(s) is terraforming. I just ran into a couple who asked me if it was cool to bring friends over so they could teach them terraforming — of course!

Also, if you've found terrraforming at Here region helpful, please give kudos to my original post. I'm showing other Lindens why it's important to understand this skill hands-on, and getting an indication of who's actually benefited from it is the best, real proof.

• 7 years later...

Ditto, I noticed it on the map just yesterday afternoon.

On the world map it looks like the original Torley Forums Avatar (the watermelon color circles).

~Sighs~ I miss Torley, He was SO POSITIVE and upbeat. A shining light amidst all the toxic SL angst in-world these days. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.