You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Cazza Faith

Invisible Prim deletion

Hi I have 3 invisible objects on my land. taking up 10 prim each. Using the Area Search in Phoenix I am able to locate the object by seeing the Red arrow but the object is invisble so I cannot right click the item and delete it.  If anybody knows how to delete these type of objects your help would be appreciated as I do not want to delete the whole parcel and start from scratch. As seen below is what I can find of the invisible object using the Area Search on Phoenix!

off sim.jpg

Thank you

Cazza Faith.

Cierra Anatine

Re: Invisible Prim deletion

Reply to Cazza Faith - view message

Hit Ctrl+Alt+T to turn on "highlight transparent". You should then be able to see and grab the items. In Phoenix, it's also under View > Highlight Transparent.

Advisor
Chosen Few

In addition to what Rolig said, just so you know, you don't have to right-click to delete objects.  There are lots of other ways to proceed.

One is you can just select the objects, and hit the Delete key.  To select, either by left-click on them individually, or drag a selection box around them (assuming you have Select By Surrounding turned on).

Another way to go is to use your About Land tools.  Open up the About Land window, and then on the Objects tab, you can return items to their owner(s) with the click of a button.  In the "Prims on parcel" section, you can see how many objects are owned by you, owned by others, and set to group.  If you hit the Show button for any of the these, the objects will highlight.  You can see the outlines, even if the objects that are invisible, or inside other objects, or underground.  This makes it really easy to find objects that don't belong, for individual deletion.  If you want to get rid of everything not owned by you, all at once, simply hit the Return button next to "Owned by others".

For even more control, in the Object Owners section, hit the Refresh button, and you'll see a list of everyone who owns objects on your land.  Simply left-click on a person's name, and the objects owned by that person will highlight.  Then to return them, just hit the Return Objects button at the top of the list.

That's how it works in the main viewers, anyway (1.x and 2.x).  I've never used Phoenix, but I'd imagine it's got the same tools.

"It's a big universe. Everything happens somewhere."
- The Doctor
Rolig Loon

Um.......

In addition to what Rolig said, just so you know, you don't have to right-click to delete objects.

I agree, but I forget saying that.  My mind is like a sieve these days.

Not as dumb as I look
Honored Resident
SneakyMoeDan Artful

i've had trouble with this before...Highlight Transparent does not work with invisible :clear texture) prims. They are different from transparent prims.

Topics: 17
Solutions: 1

Rolig Loon

CTRL-Alt-T ought to work with any transparent prim except an Invisiprim. As Chosen says, though, you don't need to make the object visible to delete it. Just open your editor (CTRL-3) and drag a yellow box around the area where you think the object is. If you have the Select Objects by Dragging option set, that should highlight the object whether it's visible or not. Then just hit the Delete key on your keyboard. Poof.

Not as dumb as I look
Recognized Resident
Sopwith Skizm

CTRL-ALT-T won't show you prims that have been textured with one of the two invisible textures. The only way I know to find them is to work out where you think they are and then try to edit them by pressing CTRL 3 and clicking hopefully, and if you manage to hit them right they will become outlined in blue.

If they are Ghost prims this method will fail. There's nothing you can do except get the sim restarted.

Honored Resident
Bold Baddingham

not sure if its the same thing but ive had an issue a few times with ghost prims,you only know they are  there when you walk into them.i have estate rights and only way i have found of getting rid of them is via a sim restart if anyone knows of another way of getting rid of them it would be good to know.ctrl alt t  ect doesnt show them  and cant select them either.

Rolig Loon

We may be talking about the same thing. There are two invisiprim textures that can only be applied to a prim by using a script. These were the standard way of hiding portions of the avatar (like feet) until very recently, when alpha layers were introduced. If that's what you mean, you're right. Invisiprim textures will not highlight when you use CTRL-Alt-T.  There are other invisible textures, however.  A popular one is in the Library folder at the bottom of your Inventory, available to all SL residents. That one and all others like it (basically 32-bit textures that have a completely-filled alpha channel) will highlight wonderfully with CTRL-Alt-T. So will prims that are made transparent with the Transparency control on the Textures page in Edit.

Not as dumb as I look