skybox gone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DelizaLove wrote:

I moved the skybox up to 8000, but when going there I realize its too high. So what happened with the skybox ? Is it gone, will I get the prims back ?

Thanks

Hey..........you almost hit my space craft with that...............

It's probably at 4096 meters now (maximum build height in SL).

Please be more careful.  Silly Earth Females.  ;)

Hi Deliza,

Check at 4096 meters, that's the upper limit for rezzing objects in SL. If you don't find it there, it may have been returned to your inventory, possibly as a coalesced object. Those have an inventory icon that looks like a little stack of boxes. Such objects are given the name of one of the objects in the collection, which may not be the name of your skybox, but rather a furnishing or decoration. If you moved only the skybox, it should have retained its name.

It may take a little while for the skybox to return to your inventory. If it doesn't show up, look at 0,0,0 on the sim. Misplaced items often end up there.

You can also go to Build->Pathfinding->Linksets, and click the Owner column heading to sort all the sim objects by owner name. Find yourself there and look for your skybox in the list of things you own. If you find it, and it's far away from you, you can teleport yourself to it. Remember to fly beforehand, unless you like falling to your death.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.