rotate with content

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DelizaLove wrote:

I need to rotate a building with lots of content inside, is there a way to select all on my parcel ?

Thanks

First, in tools Menu choose "Select Only My Objects."

Then open an edit window.

Then holding left click on your mouse, use your cursor to draw a box around your house.

The release mouse and rotate.

I'd suggest you go somewhere and rez a few prims and practice first.

ETA, you probably want to do this looking down on your house from the sky above.

Yes, but it may miss some small objects, so it's a good idea to spend extra time moving your camera around to examine every part of your building from all angles to verify which things have been selected. You'll have to select those few odd pieces individually and add them to the complete coalesced object.  Don't forget, also, that you may have some transparent objects that need to be included, and that locked objects may prevent you from moving anything.  One of the best ways to check that you have selected everything is to go ahead and move the selection a little.  You'll be able to tell if you left anything behind.  If so, type CTRL + Z to move your selection back to where it was and then add the missing items.

Working with coalesced objects is tricky business.  It requires patience and a moderate amount of skill.  The best advice is to practice for a while with dummy objects until you get the hang of it.  Read more at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041#Section_.1 and, more specifically, http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-move-a-build/ta-p/919109

Glad you got it done.  Can be tricky with things like furnished houses.

If you ever use this methind for taking back multiple objects at once, be sure to watch the name in the edit window.  The last object selected will be the name that appears in your inventory.  This is one reason why coalesced cubes confuse people when they first encounter them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.