mouse movments

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not really sure what you mean, presumably you just keep moving the mouse accidentally with your hand?

For precision during building/texturing, I use a mouse like this,

it's perfect for precision and 'touching and leaving', or dragging to very specific points. Infinite scroll is the best scroll. Pixel-perfect control is stable and reliable.

This sounds to me to be the simplest solution - I don't think mouse smoothing is something you can reliably expect software to do.

P.S. You can zoom in VERY close, using Ctrl+0 and Ctrl+8 (with Ctrl+9 to reset). This helps for tiny prims specifically. Maybe this solves your problem? It certainly gives you more room for error.

P.P.S If you're still using mouse control to stretch and position for tiny prims, there's no need to do this. You can get perfect precision in the Edit window (using the X, Y, Z text boxes). Precision beyond the third post-decimal (0.011 will become 0.01) but the setting will still occur (provided scale is not less than 0.01m). This saves you needing to hold mouse-down to set values by eye.

If you're encountering increased amounts of Frame/render lag, you may want to check currently running processes and (at least if using Nvidia card) make sure you're on the latest drivers. ObviousAltIsObvious (above) also makes good points relating to software problems.

My initial assumption was that this is more of a hardware problem (and so occurs regardless of whether you're logged into SL).

As you may be able to tell I am left guessing at your problem without more information about your PC, mouse and Operating System/environment. :)

My mouse is made by Kensington,  the model is 'Expert'.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

if you are running on Windows, check the comments in 
for some possible workarounds.

on Mac there is a different bug with similar results, not yet fully understood, also possible workarounds there, 

BUG-4051 is not set to Public  :(

well that's no fun. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-1708 covers the same DPI issues and workarounds.

ugh, that one is hidden too. All right, well, right-click the viewer shortcut, and go into the compatibility settings, find "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." or the equivalent on that Windows version, and save. the newer versions of Windows allow higher DPI scales than 96, and this does not always get along well with games and similar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.