how to take an unwanted object from your house

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have 2 questions:

1. I rezzed an RP titler by mistake in my house, although i have locked my house in place, no matter what I do I can not choos the titler to delete, only my house gets picked, I can delete the house maybe and get a hold of the object perhaps but then it is a fully decorated house and i will hav lots of trouble adjusting it back up, i was wondering if there is any menu somewhere that can show all your rezzed objects so you can pick them , etc.

2. Is it possible to some how link all the object in my house to my house and then lock it as one object and savea copy of that in my inventory so i can have a decorated back up of my house?

Thanks for any help or tips.

xx

1. Find the titler using Ctrl+Alt+T )to show invisible objects) and your camera controls. The title will belong to a prim directly underneath the center of the text.

2. Depends on the permissions and functionality of your house. If you have reduced permissions I wouldn't recommend doing this. If your house contains any moving details or scripts that alter the appearance of objects I wouldn't recommend doing this. If you have full permissions on all of your objects and no other functional considerations, then this might be a good idea.

• Like 2

Hi Freya, thanks for your reply.

ctrl+alt+t doesnt do anything at all? what am i missing? I have seen the prim on displaying all my objects on the land but cant seem to grab it at all.

Not exactly sure what do you mean by the permissions? I dont think i have any moving prims in my house.

Sorry I am very new to building .

Glad you got (1) figured out. :)

Permissions is tricky - all objects in SL will may allow you the three following abilities:-

• Modify (moving and resizing, retexturing and linking/delinking)
  • Copy (make copies, take to inventory without deleting the rezzed version)
  • Transfer (send to other residents)

If you've bought any objects in your house, they may have some of those permissions revoked - i.e., be No Modify, No Copy, No Transfer, or some combination.

Linking full permissions (copy + modify + transfer) objects with reduced permissions objects causes significant hassle - if parts of your house are No Copy, it is impossible to 'Take Copy' of any previously-copiable object while it remains linked to your house. No Modify items will probably refuse to be linked. Permissions can 'drift' between linked objects due to server/asset inconsistancies, always reducing permissions further (never raising them higher). Poorly scripted items may not be programmed to deal with a change in link status, and so will have undesirable effects.

It's not straightforward.

More information:-

SL Wiki: Permissions FAQ

SL KB: Object Permissions

SL Wiki: Permission

• Like 1

SaraBanu wrote:

I have 2 questions:

1. I rezzed an RP titler by mistake in my house, although i have locked my house in place, no matter what I do I can not choos the titler to delete, only my house gets picked, I can delete the house maybe and get a hold of the object perhaps but then it is a fully decorated house and i will hav lots of trouble adjusting it back up, i was wondering if there is any menu somewhere that can show all your rezzed objects so you can pick them , etc.

2. Is it possible to some how link all the object in my house to my house and then lock it as one object and savea copy of that in my inventory so i can have a decorated back up of my house?

Thanks for any help or tips.

xx

There's a much simpler way to find and delete it. Go to the "Build" menu, then "Pathfinding", then "Linksets..." You'll see a list of all your items. Find the titler in that list, highlight it and hit "Return" or "Delete."

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

this does not help me.  although the object shows in pathfinding linksets, the object does not highlight for deletion.  i rezed a table with a green light that towers up.  i deleted the table, but the big green light remains in my living room.  this totally destroys my house ambience, and i don't enjoy being there now.  i can't decorate it with this ugly, awful green light there.  i can't click anything to get rid of it.  it is a kismet design table lamp.  i am desperate.  have i purchased a house for nothing, just because of this?  what can i do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.