building a house...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey guys.. i am very new to sl.. in fact a bit over a week old.. i am a premium member but decided i wanted a bigger home to decorate.. so i bought one and rented the land.. my neighbor was kind enough to help me for several hours rezzing the thing.. it was a mess.. anyway.. when i save the rez i know i saved a copy of the house configuration.. can anyone tell me in what folder it might be in.. tonight i make the mistake of clicking on my floor and it took several items away.. so now i have to delete whats there and re rez the house with this config.. any help would be so appreciated.. 

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Briidee

It could be in your Lost and Found folder, but as several items have derezzed at the same time, it may be now in the form of a coalesced cube and could have the name of any of the items which derezzed.  Find a sandbox, ensure there is a lot of space around you, and take a look for these funny-looking broken-up cube icons in your inventory and rezz them one at a time, remembering though to take back each item into your inventory one at a time to avoid anything auto-returning later again as a coalesced cube.

More about building and coalesced cubes can be found in the official Second Life Knowledge Base. (Tab above), but link here direct to building tips here ...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041

The house configuration (copy) of your house that you saved earlier before the one disappeared would normally go into the folder that the original house was in when you originally purchased  so,  - "Bayou Shack by **** buildings" for example.You should have it there with the original house you purchased. 

If you do not remember the name of the house, you can find that either by looking in your transaction history (if you bought it inworld) or in your Markeplace purchase history. If you no longer had a folder with the original house (unlikely) it would go into your OBJECTS folder.

Honestly unless you have been buying up a storm, you should be able to scan through you inventory and find it. :D

Good luck.

Is the house and the rezz box it came in copiable?  It's pretty standard for the industry in SL to sell houses with such permissions for the very reason you are facing - to allow people to easily replace a house.

You should be able to rezz the house multple times with homes bought from most vendors.  Test your rezz box in a sandbox and see that the entire house is there.  I often advice customers that sometimes it's just easiest to rezz a new copy instead of trying to piece a house back together on your own.

Good luck and welcome to SL!

Just an FYI, after you get your house set up, in the Edit Window > Object Tab, select "Locked."  This will help prevent accidents.  Should you accidentally edit you'll get a message to the effect of, "Do you really want to do this?"  You can toggle 'locked' off any time you really do want to edit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.