any one able to suggest a 1 prim option for this solution i made ?

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

PqeFmZK.png

if resizing wasnt an option making supports was right ?? just my texture sucks and the texture i had closer to the wood of the light house was too stretched and blurry to work ... also the supports are useing up 3 prims when be preferable if they used one ... 

any suggestions ?

having it just over hang would be fine too except then it doesnt look realistic or safe 

Change the repeats to cure blurry and Google "mesh accounting" or search these forums directly. You can change the physics for four the model to convex hull which will cause the object to be "billed" differently.

There are rules for this though so you do need to learn about it.

There are also other forums, this would sit better in the building forum.

Rolig Loon wrote:

Why do you need four posts?  One pedestal will do.  In fact, make the whole thing a pyramid with its pointy end buried in the ground.  Or make a mesh platform, complete with posts, railings, benches, and flagpoles.

i dont know how to make mesh or 3D model very well

Splatulated wrote:

i dont know how to make mesh or 3D model very well

1) Rezz a prim (cube shape). 

2) Stretch so it's around 20 meters tall and about 8 meters wide & 0.5 meter deep.

3) Hollow your prim to around 70 or so (just eyeball it).

4)  Use pathcut to open up one end of your prim and it should start to resemble 2 posts at this point .... flip upside down if needed, and bury "connected" end into the ground.

5)  Adjust the dimensions as you like them, and then drag a copy out when you're ready.

6)  Position your two prims (which should look like 4 posts) as you desire.

7)  Link 2 prims together.   (land impact now = 2)

8)  Change physics shape to "convex hull".   (land impact now =1)

9)   There you go.  You have 4 posts and the equivalent of 1 prim.   No mesh or sculpties required.

10)  This is the most important part:   Please visit Ivory Tower Library of Prims as untold numbers have suggested to you before and start educating yourself on how to build.   You'll find much more satisfaction in solving some of your problems rather than running into the forums 5 times a day with questions you could have figured out or easily googled.   Save the forums for your "last resort".   I've been in Second Life for almost 8 years, and you've been here just a few weeks.  Yet you've posted over 200 more questions than I have ... what's wrong with this picture?   Think about that, and start solving your own issues.  Believe me, it will make others in here (including me) much more agreeable to helping you when you really need the support.

Edit to add :   Madelaine is a faster typer than me.  Do as she said, but copy, link & make convex to achieve 1 land-impact (1 prim equivalent) for 4 posts. 

Edit again:   Rolig gave you an excellent suggestion.  Just make a 1 prim pedestal, maybe texure it as concrete or rock, and you're done!

1 last edit to be a little less critical & a little more nice.  ;)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.