alpha blending

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Be VERY careful about messing with debug settings normally, because they can do unexpected things that may be hard to reverse.  However, there appears to be a fairly new debug setting called RenderNoAlpha, which is normally set to FALSE.  If you set it to TRUE, instead, you should see no alpha blending in world.  That is, everything will be rendered assuming alpha masking.  If you change that, I suggest making a prominent note for yourself someplace obvious so that you won't forget to set it back to FALSE later.   OItherwise, a lot of SL will start to look very strange for you.

Debug settings are in your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D).

When I am texturing faces or getting ready to mesh Firestorm is setiing some faces on alpha blending when it is not necessary or needed. Even sometimes when only one texture layer is in volved .. It is annoying as  I have to check every face and make sure alpha blending is not on.

Are you concerned about the alpha sorting problem?  If so, the solution isn't to try and turn off alpha blending mode.  It's to avoid using 32 bit textures when you don't need them.  You won't have an alpha glitch if you have no alpha channel.  There are plenty of other well-known methods for beating the problem, but that's step #1.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.