ROOST home keeps.... FALLING APART ? I NEED HELP OR SUGGESTIONS!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let me first start off with, this is my first time using the forums so if I am looking for help in the wrong area, please please let me know.

I have recently, well not THAT recently purchased a ROOST home, which I love, but it keeps falling apart... literally!

Screenshot #1

Screenshot #2

Screenshot #3

As my screenshots have shown, floors disappear, parts of the roof disappear, the doors are off their hinges, you name it! I have rez'd that house at least 20 or more times since I have had it and i have no clue in the world what the problem can be. I have contacted customer service in which I have had no luck, they just insisted that THEY BUILT THE HOUSE, THEY KNOW NOTHING IS WRONG, ITS MY FAULT! For 3k I should at least get some suggestions, which led me here. Hope some can help, I am desperate at this point!

Hi:)

How disappointing for you when you just got this lovely home.

I'm not sure I can help - but I did wonder whether you're trying to rezz the home on uneven ground? This would make some parts of the structure misalign...

Try lifting the rezzer box above the ground to see if that helps.

If that is the issue, one thing you could do is make a hole where the house would sit and build up the terrain around it.

Good luck!

Emma :)

I agree with Emma, looks like a rezzing problem. Lift the rez box up.  Or it could be lag on the sim.  Or I have even seen a Rez Box script get borked, so try another copy of the box.

If a customer tries all of the above with no success, then I come out and rez a copy from my rez box, and if that works, they buy my Rez Box for 0L and rez from that. Why mine sometimes works when theirs does not, I could not say.  

Thanks you guys! I  initially had the house on the ground and yes I believe it was uneven, I thought that was the problem but the build calls for terraforming. I then said screw the terraforming and moved the house to the sky, in a skydome... and the problem still happens.

Grr. I have also tried using different rez boxes and yesterday, I even rezzed a different version of the house, logged on this morning to find it has fallen apart again!

Thanks for the suggestions!

At this point I would try a sim restart, although the part about the house "falling apart" after it has been rezzed correctly makes me wonder who has edit rights.

ETA:  Cant tell from the pics but rezzing up against a parcel boundary can cause the object to bunch up.

Also, years ago I discovered that rezzing up really high can cause the rez script to malfunction; dont know if that is relevant.

I just redid the house and made sure its no up again the parcel boundary, its not to high, the box is level, I took my rights from everyone, as well as in the parcel's group... and now I shall to my class with fingers crossed and see when i get home! 

thanks again for the suggestions you guys, this is 10X more, than I even got from the creator sadly!

FINGERS CROSSED!:matte-motes-grin:

IF those photos are from when the house was first rezzed, then I agree it could easily be a parcel boundary problem. I have a surround (only one size) that is in a rez box. The reason it is 120 x 120 and not 128 x 128 IS that the rez box brought the pieces in from the boundaries (assuming someone had a quarter parcel which would be the norm.

You could test this by rezzing the house in a large sandbox -- one with scripts enabled.

If the house rezzes OK and THEN shifts there could be other issues. You can usually SAVE the build in the rez box menu. You can also LOCK the build yourself. Even locking doesn't always solve the prim shift problem (and that is what it is called although yours is more major than most).  If you are at a sim border (or corner is worse) that could make things even more problematic.

IF it is a border parcel - rez box problem I would put a note on the Marketplace listing if that is possible. So others would know and perhaps the creator could fix.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.