Question about Sculpts Losing Shape

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason a new sculpt I bought with full perms is not holding it's shape. If I zoom out 10 meters or so, it distorts. It's not a small sculpt, it's a craddle of average size. I have many other full perm sculpts in the area (smaller even) and they don't distort. It's not jewlery or something tiny where I should have to change my LOD factor. I came across this a few years ago with a hutch. It always distorted. Is this something to do with the way the sculpt was made? I'd like to sell it but it's borked for me so it might be borked for others. Any ideas??? I've given up researching, as nothing I could find would explain this. Hope someone has an idea. If it's the sculpt I'll delete it and try a different one. Using Firestorm latest release. TYVM

The way the sculp is built can have a big effect on how it is seen at a distance. Some are complex enough that it cannot be helped, and those made with inworld tools can be generally more problematic than those made with Blender or other high end Program.

In every case all sculpts will step through several levels of detail as set by your viewer at given size/distance. Depending on how the sculp was built, that could be an only slightly changed shape, or it could look like a pile of sticks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.