Problems with texturizing my builds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been having this issue, well as long as I have been building, but lately with my building more it's becoming quite annoying.

Whenever I attempt to texturize something, for example let's say a flexi skirt with 60 pieces, and I want to texture each of those pieces the same, I will select the skirt and choose my texture and apply the traits (repeats, rotation and such). My problem is often those traits will not stay applied to all the various prim.

My build, full perm, even my textures, full perm.

It happens the same way if I edit parts and select parts of an item I want textured the same way, it always happens that some of those prim will "jump" back to the old look. At times it's really strange to watch as I can sit there and watch them cycle through the old look, the new look and back to the old look. Those stubborn prim I have to end up selecting by themselves and texturizing.

It becomes a problem when I have a build, say a tail, that has 200 prim most of which would be the same, but I have to go in and do it prim by prim.

Anyone else ever heard of this? Is there a work around for it?

I've had the problem ... Often it's because you didn't quite get all the prims selected.  Reselect and try again.

Sometimes it's lag making your view think it's seeing plywood when it isn't.

With flexi skirts ... if you are using a skirt-building script, texture the starting prim, then make the skirt. 

If a wall or something is going to require copies with identical texturing, I usually make the first one, texture it, then make and link the copies.

I believe you might have nailed it with the lag issue.

It seems when my connection is experiencing a lot of lag is when it does it the most.

I have a few choice tails that I use more than once so I have them in my inventory still with the plywood texture on them, that way when I decide to pull them out and use them in one of my outfits I simply need to apply the texture made to go with the suit and it's ready to go. They are already all linked, and the tail is made so I just have to select the entire object and texture it, that is when I have the issue, I still see the plywood on certain prim inside my tail.

Maybe I need to have a bit more patience and let my viewer catch up to me and I will see after all that it has been textured, I just do not see it.

I will give that a try.

Thank you :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.