Problems with scripted prim slices' collision boundary?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I've just run into some odd behavior with sliced box and cylinder prims. I was using a script to change the slice parameters for a door, and the first few times I opened and closed it, I was able to walk through.

And then the situation changed. The scripted prim sliced just fine visually when I touched it to create a doorway opening... but I couldn't walk through. It was just like the unsliced prim's collision boundary was still there! (This was all done using the PRIM_SLICE parameter in llSetPrimitiveParams.)

But when I then implement the slice manually through the Edit window, I was again able to walk through the door opening.

So are scripted slices borked in that they don't change the prim's collision  boundary? And has anyone else run into similar problems? (I'm on the Singularity viewer, by the way, because it doesn't overtax my somewhat low-spec computer.)

Thanks tor any info you can provide.

Strife... Are you online? Any thoughts about this? This script is in a wraparound, hollow, cylindrical door that's linked into a building. The door is supposed to slice upwards when touched, and it visually appears to do so. But 80% of the time, avatars can't walk through the resulting opening. The other 20% of the time (or when the slice is done manually through the Edit window), they can walk through the gap.

It seems like the scripted slice (on 80% of touches) only affects the prim's appearance... but does not affect its collision boundary.  I did not see anything about this issue in the JIRA  or on this forum. Can you offer any thoughts, Strife?

P.S. And I'm not using prim-physics shapes here... these are all normal prims.

Many Thanks!

Sincerely,

Timesie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.