Prim "Ground Texturing Please Help...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have a platform built to mold the shape of the ground below. Is there any possible way to texture the prims or cover them with any type of realistic looking ground/grass - either texture or mesh/sculptie yard? Just looking for a nice ground texture that doesnt look bad before flowers/trees are added. Thanks for any help and hope my question makes sense.

It makes great sense.  You ought to be able to apply the same ground texture that you have on the real land surface below.  If not, you'll find a ton of ground textures for sale in SL.  The only real challenge will be blending textures if you have enough relief that you need different textures in different places.  On the ground, LL does that blending randomly and fairly gracefully in the background.  You'll have to do it by cleverly hiding the transitions with bushes or structures.

If it is MESH, the piece(s) could be mapped to accept different textures and with some hand work in a graphics program you could end up with a very realistic build. The issue with mesh in SL is that it can only be 64 x 64 meters. So if you land is a whole sim, some planning would be necessary and the shape broken up in sections.

I was actually thinking about how I would do this for "snow season" -- hence my interest. If it is a large sculpt which I am guessing it is, your best bet is a 1024 X 1024 texture that will tile nicely. Those look much more realistic on large areas than 512s.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.