Prim Drift

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to have a terrible time with prim drift -- with walls changing position or rotation a tiny bit (but enough to create seams) - - but then the issue seemed to disappear.

Until recently. The house I am working on now, every day I have to fix rotations in many prims, unless I lock down the house overnight.

Does anyone have any idea whether my perception is correct -- that this problem has recently appeared after a long absence?  And if so, why?

Happens on every sim restart. Usually a fraction of a mm (millimetre).
I once had a problem that forced me to make an "unsharp" compare of positions/rotations that I use in scripts now.
I made tests and restarted the sim a few times to verify.

The reason? I can only guess that there is a different resolution or a conversion of the float variables used for saving the sim and when the sim operates.

The drift by restart is small and goes back and forth. So in the long term things hold their positions - kind of. :D

I never encountered bigger moves. You sure no script rattles at your prims?

You can drop in a script that adds an entry everytime the position changes and how much. Checking every few mins is sufficient. Maybe the time of the movements will give you a hint?

Nova Convair wrote:

The drift by restart is small and goes back and forth. So in the long term things hold their positions - kind of.
:D

I never encountered bigger moves. You sure no script rattles at your prims?

You can drop in a script that adds an entry everytime the position changes and how much. Checking every few mins is sufficient. Maybe the time of the movements will give you a hint?

Oh that would be interesting!  At least it would prove I am not imagining it haha!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.