Others cant see re-textured things?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

FabulasticJim wrote:

So I got a new hair, which  was alowed to be retextured, I re textured it and uploaded the texture but my friends still only see the default white version of the hair. 

How to fix this?

Did you texture it with a local texture and THEN upload the texture? You need to re-texxture it with the texture you just uploaded - local textures will never be visible to others, even if you later upload the same texture.

• Like 3

Yep, the local texture you used to modify your hair exists only on your computer at the moment. Your own viewer has access to that, but nobody else does. To make your hair's new texture visible to everyone, you must upload the texture to SL's servers, which will then distribute it to any viewers that encounter you in-world.

So, go to the Build menu and select "Upload", navigate to the texture you used, pay your L$10 and you're half way there. Now go back to your hair and apply the texture from your inventory to all the parts, just as you did with the local texture.

Local textures are an efficient and free way to test out textures during the build process. You save the time of uploading each iteration. If you edit the texture, the changes will automatically propagate into your view. Only when you are happy with the texture do you incur the cost of uploading it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.