Object Permissions/Notecard Locks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am creating boxes to store rarely used inventory items. How do I make them non-copyable so if I rez a box to the ground so I can add to its contents, I don't want to be left with a copy in my inventory. How do I fix this please?

Also, how can I write a notecard and then lock it so others can not modify/edit  that NC. Thanks.

You cannot transfer a copiable item from your inventory without leaving the original behind.  That's what "copiable" means.  You can't change your own permissions to use something.  You can only change permissions for the next owner.

If you want a notecard to be no mod, UNcheck the modify permissions box.

Deanna Moonwall wrote:

I am creating boxes to store rarely used inventory items. How do I make them non-copyable so if I rez a box to the ground so I can add to its contents, I don't want to be left with a copy in my inventory. How do I fix this please?

Also, how can I write a notecard and then lock it so others can not modify/edit  that NC. Thanks.

Have a friend make some boxes no copy and transfer to you.

Or add one no copy item ( grab some freebies) to the contents in your own boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

KennyChidorie wrote:

You can not sell it without any permissions.

Good luck

That's not quite true, since you can set an object as Copy/No-Mod/No-Trans and then drop a No-Copy anim into it before you upload it.  It's not nice, but it happens by mistake sometimes. Fortunately, selling is not what the OP has in mind anyway.  :smileywink:

• 3 months later...

One option is to attach the box to yourself first ... right click Edit / Content from the inventory window (or the box itself )....drag your inventory item(s) into the contents then just.detach the box.   *Note that this only works with full perm items. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.