Need help/advice with decorating a build

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone thank you for looking at my thread.

I recently bought a building wich I want to build out into a club.

Now I had an idea but im not sure if it's possible 

I want to put this image http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/3402297711_90004d07c6.jpg on this building https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/IAN-Resident-Alice-urban-LOFT-furnished/3102313. 

So I want the graff work on the wall of my building 

anybody knows if something like this is possible and maybe someone who can help me with it

You can't use someone elses orgiinal artwork in SL without their permission,  Its against the TOS. 

If you get permissoin, the problem will be that that particular image just isn't good enough to make a good transition into SL with any clarity.  By the time  you brought it in a blew it up to fit a wall it would just be a blurry mess.  You would need a much better photosource of the graphic only, straight on and at a high resolution of 1024 x 1024.

If the proportions of the picture are 1:4, why would you use a giant texture with a 1:1 ratio? 256x1024 should be fine and would mean little quality loss over a 1024x1024. Memory use would be four times less. If you do want to use as much memory as a 1024x1024 takes, it's better to cut up both texture and wall in two and use 2 512x1024 textures. Same memory use, almost twice the quality. (You could also put the 512x1024 textures on one canvas and only cut up the wall. Then you'd have a single 1024x1024 texture. If that's what you ment, forget what I said.)

Of course it also depends on the size of the wall you're going to put it on.

Programs like photoshop or gimp should have no trouble making the picture shown rectangular. (warp, scale, skew, perspective etc)

Other than that, no arguments. One would need permission to use the texture and the texture would have to be of better quality if it is going to be near the camera of residents.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.