My first creation

DelizaLove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so I downloaded the templates for upper and lower body to make a set of clothes. I found some textures to use, but how do I upload it ? I have to pay L$10 for each time. Is there any way I can test the outfit before I upload it ?

Once I uploaded it I choose skirt on the drop down menu and it looked good. When it was done uploaded I just had a texture so what did I do wrong ? Appreciate all help I can get :)

Thanks

Yes.  Use Local Textures.  Not only will you be able to experiment without paying upload feees, you will be able to see any changes that you save in Photoshop or GIMP appearing on your SL vewer immediately.

As a second alternative, you can do all your work on the Aditi (beta) grid instead of the main grid.  There are no upload fees there either.  You can't bring any of your work back from there to the main grid, but at least you can do all your testing free of charge and then just upload the final product on the main grid later.

Of the two options, I generally prefer using Local Textures unless I am also uploading trial mesh models.

EDIT:  Ah... I forgot the second part of your question.  Yes, when you upload a texture, that's all you are doing.  You still have to apply it to an object (or your av body) in world.  If it's a clothing texture for system clothes, you do that in Appearance mode.  Click Edit Outifit instead of Edit Shape and then create a new shirt (pants, shoes, whatever) and edit it by applying the texture that you just uploaded.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Controlling-your-avatar-s-appearance/ta-p/700709

• Like 2

create a box or some shape you like with the building menu and open the contents-sheet of the building menu while your objekt is highlighted.

insert your t-shirt there and a give-inventory-script

maybe this one:

default{    touch_start(integer n)    {        //Gives inventory-item to whoever touches the object.        llGiveInventory(llDetectedKey(0),"name of your t-shirt");
}
}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.