Mesh Physics shape doing my head in.. Bagh!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have a really wierd problem.  I'm new to SL building and have just made a mesh house and a physics shape to match.  when I choose to upload the physics file to Second Life through the LL Viewer, It seems to have only chosen to use one 'Prim"??? from the physics file I uploaded,  It says there are plenty of vertices and triangles, but it still only shows one Beam on the top of my roof as selected.

I have joined the mesh in blender and it is as one unit.

I used the default export settings for static mesh in blender

Please help.. I'm in my first steps of blender and mesh uploading this week, and I have an ENOURMOUS amount of respect for anyone who has 'figured' it out haha :)

Mickey

I think we need more detail to give a useful answer, maybe some pictures.

There is one possibility that comes to mind, but maybe because I am not certian about what you did. It sounds as if you may have joined the objects for the physics shape, while you still have separate objects in the visible mesh. The uploader needs to have a separate physics object for each visible object. If there's only one physics shape obhect, that will get used for just the first object, and it will be squeezed (and.or stretched) to fit the bounding box of the that object. Any other objects in the visible model will each get the default physics shape, which is the convex hull of the low-LOD visible mesh.

If vthis is the problem, then there is another requirement. The objects in the physics model must be in the same order in the collada file as their corresponding objects in the visible model. In Blender, you can assure this by naming them in the same alphabetical order and checking the Sort by Object Name option in the exporter.

Hey! Thanks for your reply.  The problem is actually solved :)  

After posting this, "Aquila" your friend actually IM'd me in-world and came to my land and gave me a complete probably 2 and a half hour demonstration of how to properly construct a physics mesh amongst other things :)  I am totally gobsmacked that she has helped me with this and gave her time in world for so long :)  I appreciate it thoroughly.  If Aquila is an effigy of the demeanor of people I'll meet here in SL, then it looks like I'm in great company :) Just wanted to say thanks :)  See you in-world!

MC

Aquila has come to my workshop to help me, too -- with a physics problem as well, but i learned a couple od other things in the process as well.

We are fortunate we have knowledgable people in this forum who put in a lot of time helping others both here and inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.