Debbi Demina
0 Kudos

Re: Matching of Body Layer Seams

Reply to Rolig Loon - view message

/me smiles " thanks again, i will make sure to watch the videos on Robins site tomorrow when i get a spare minute lol...i hate doing it the old 2d way my eyes go all wiggly lol

Debbi x

I am the property and devoted sub to Mistress Taliah Thane

Religion is flawed, but only because man is flawed

I am who i am, and who i am is who i wish to be
Debbi Demina
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Rolig Loon wrote:

As with many of life's tricker Photoshop questions, the best answer lies in a Robin Woods tutorial.  Take a look at http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/PhotoshopTuts/PhotoTutPages/CS4-3D-1_Open.html , wherein all secrets are revealed. Robin even shows exactly how to align a tattoo across the waistline.  What could be nicer?   :smileyhappy:

OMG i just finished looking at the video tutorial and i can't wait to try it lol...it looks sooooo damn simple, thankyou so much Rolig and of course Robin Woods for the tutorial :smileyhappy: your both Ace *hugs you both*

Debbi x

Just to add...its not so easy to wrap a vine around the leg going down...lol...that still seems to have to be done the old way...but i have just made my first dual layer tattoo and it worked perfectly :smileyvery-happy:

Reply to Debbi Demina - view message

I don't know if you already use the SLCP (second life clothing previewer) stand-alone program, but it is extremely helpful and simple to use, and free. It won't help you correct the graphic itself, but it is very helpful in previewing seam lines and patterns across them on a 3-D avatar model. I don't think I could design clothes without it. I've used the 3-D capabilities that PS Extended has but I still rely on this simple yet useful tool to help me get things just right before final upload.

Everyone Needs A Little Shopping Therapy!
THERAPY Casual Sexy Clothes
0 Kudos

Rolig Loon wrote:

Or use Photoshop CS4 or CS5, both of which allow you to work on your design in 3D, so that you can paint directly on the avatar body.  

How do you export the avatar to Photoshop CS? Yes I have looked at the Robin Wood tutorials. It just says open the file I think. It's a great tutorial don't get me wrong.

"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens." - Grandma Moses.
0 Kudos

Reply to Shelby Silverspar - view message

Shelby Silverspar wrote:

I don't know if you already use the SLCP (second life clothing previewer) stand-alone program, but it is extremely helpful and simple to use, and free. It won't help you correct the graphic itself, but it is very helpful in previewing seam lines and patterns across them on a 3-D avatar model. I don't think I could design clothes without it. I've used the 3-D capabilities that PS Extended has but I still rely on this simple yet useful tool to help me get things just right before final upload.

It is only made for PC though.

"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens." - Grandma Moses.
Cerise
0 Kudos

Reply to Clarissa Lowell - view message

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Shelby Silverspar wrote:

It is only made for PC though.

Hi, there was a Mac version of SLCP, but it is old and will need Rosetta on an Intel Mac. Snow Leopard still has Rosetta but it is an optional install. I saw that it will probably be removed in Lion.

Rolig Loon
0 Kudos

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Rolig Loon wrote:

Or use Photoshop CS4 or CS5, both of which allow you to work on your design in 3D, so that you can paint directly on the avatar body.  

How do you export the avatar to Photoshop CS? Yes I have looked at the Robin Wood tutorials. It just says open the file I think. It's a great tutorial don't get me wrong.

Yup, that's all you have to do.  Open the obj file, just the same way you'd open any other file.  Or are you asking where you get the avatar obj file? It's right on Robin's site, on the same page as the tutorial.

Not as dumb as I look
Rolig Loon
0 Kudos

That's true, and it's somewhat dated for use now, too.  Now that I can get free temporary uploads easily, I find it much easier to do my fitting directly on my own av in world.  SLCP shows a lower-resolution image and it's more awkward to rotate and view than my own av. 

Not as dumb as I look
Debbi Demina
0 Kudos

Regarding Robins tutorial, is there or does anyone know of a way that you can wrap textures/paintbrush layers around the legs, arms and body without it going wonky...i've watched robins video tutorial about 5 times and unless im missing something it doesn't cover that point...and its frustrating me no end now lol

thanks

Debbi x