Linking mesh objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

New builder here. So I have a mesh skirt and a mesh bow that I wish to link. I link them on the ground np, take them and then try them on...the bow is on my hand now. Both attachment points of the skirt and bow are the right hand. The skirt goes on my butt but the bow goes on the hand like I mentioned. How do I link the two mesh items and get them to attach to the same point? Also they are full perm mesh templates that I have to link to a root prim so I can put my makers mark on them, if that is of importance. Thank you.

rigged pieces like most mesh skirts can be attached to any point.

unrigged parts like probably that bow, will have to be attached to the place where you want them to show, pelvis usually works well for skirt accessories. if you attach the link set to, for example, the pelvis (use "attach to" instead of "wear", it will remember from then on), then you can adjust the bow on your avatar with edit linked parts, and the skirt will still be in the right place.

What they said, choice for an unrigged bow when used as you describe will be to attach to pelvis or stomach as they are the only two places that will stay in reference.  Oh it might be worth pointing out, don't even *think* about making this item no mod because then people won't be able to adjust the bow.

Plus you might want to think about adding some notes that explain that the bow position can be adjusted by editing linked parts however the skirt is rigged and will not be editable for shape/size etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.