Items with texture change scripts are changing on their own.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I doubt that I have some SL ghosts flying around my house, but I have items that harbor texture change scripts and they are changing on their own. For example, my curtains, my patio couches, and my indoor couches and coffee table have just changed textures randomly.

I can change the access, lock and get rid of scripts and the problem still happens. I seek information as its just simply getting frustrating having the change them back over and over again.

I currently live about 3500 meters in the air, no neighbors, items access to the menu are set to owner only. Oh, and the house is encased in the Turnip Skydome (if that makes a difference). This has been happening for a while and I am starting to think that its the dome but I am unsure.

All the items that are changing on there own are mesh also... if that makes a difference.

If anyone knows why, or what I can do to stop this, I would love to know!

Scripts have an event that runs on startup.

That event also triggers after a sim restart I believe.

If the script contains a "default" texture that is set when that event fires, then the textures will change.

It might also be triggered by a timer event. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

No, the state_entry event is not triggered by a region restart.  Unless a scripter delberately writes the script with a changed event that checks for CHANGED_REGION_START, a script will be totally unaffected by a region restart.  It is certainly possible to write scripts to change textures in response to all sorts of triggers (touching, collision, passage of time .... ), but I think it's rather unlikely that someone would put a script like that into a building unless there was a good reason. Besides, it would be easy enough to see whether there is a script in the building that is doing anything to textures.

Having said that, I can't think of a good explanation for the OP's random texture changes either.  I suppose it's possible that there's alpha sorting going on, so that textures appear to switch because you're actually seeing the texture on a surface beyond the walls.  If that were the case, though, the textures should change as you move around.  That's not what is happening.  There's more to the puzzle than meets the eye.

I can think of two possible causes for this. The first is that messages from some other scripted object such as the skydome you mention are being acted upon by items in your house that listen on the same channels that the skydone or some similar item is using.

The other possibility is that you have edited the house and added to or removed items from a linkset, causing the prims in the linkset to change their numbers. This would affect link messages going to specific numbered prims, and could result in them acting on messages that they shouldn't.  You say you can "get rid of scripts", which suggests this is the more likely option.

If you do decide to get rid of scripts to try and stop this happening, be aware of a couple of things. In a linkset, you may have to inspect the contents of each item in the linkset to find scripts that would be masked when you simply look at the contents of the linkset as a whole. Also, a script which changes a texture on an item in a linkset using llSetLinkPrimitiveParams will also be setting repeats, offsets and rotations for those items, so examine the faces of things like the curtains and sofas and note the settings before removing all the scripts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.