How to put together a boat?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased a yacht and it came with other yachts but in pieces. Meaning I have to put them together. The one I'm working on there are a lot of pieces, but there is one "main part" which is the whole yacht." The other parts are tables, stairs, railings, etc. that I have to add. Whenever I try linking a table or anything else to the yacht I am unable to. I was told I can mod the rez box if I had my own place but I dont. The other option would be to create a rez box, but I'm not sure how to do it or what to do after i create a rez box. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh.  A rez box is a handy system that builders use for storing unlinked pieces of complicated structures -- houses usually, but a big yacht might need one.  You are not supposed to take the pieces out of the box. You are supposed to rez the rez box and then activate it.  The rez box finds all the pieces and assembles them properly for you.  When you finally have the whole thing put together and positioned where you want it, you either delete or deactivate the rez box. (Or you can modify the rez box by making it look like a bush or something to hide it.)

There should have been instructions about how to activate the rez box in the folder that everything was delivered in. If not, ask the merchant who sold it.  In general, though, rez boxes are fairly simple, self-explanatory devices.  Most will display a set of menus to walk you through the setup process if you just click on the rez box. 

Most people wouldn't think of buying something big like a house or a yacht unless they already had someplace to rez it permanently.  It's kind of a nuisance to rez a yacht fresh each time you log in.  You probably ought to be looking for a marina where you can rent a slip for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.