How can someone who didn't create something be it's "creator?"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw a mesh object that I thought was a very good job.  I checked to see who the creator was.  I told him that I thought he had done a really fine job making it.  He said he didn't make it and used a trick to make his name show as the creator.

Howe does that work?  I thought the creator of anything was set when it was first made and was immutable.

Just so you know, while this seems a little "shady" at first glance, this is a GOOD thing. There are tons of full perm mesh makers these days and they I am sure do not want to deal with customer issues. By linking the dress or dresser to a prim that they made, it shows there name and the customer knows who to contact.

You can always see the actual maker of the mesh by INSPECTING the Object (it is a right click on the object function in Firestorm). That list all the pieces and who made each one.

Chic Aeon wrote:

Just so you know, while this seems a little "shady" at first glance, this is a GOOD thing. There are tons of full perm mesh makers these days and they I am sure do not want to deal with customer issues. By linking the dress or dresser to a prim that they made, it shows there name and the customer knows who to contact.

You can always see the actual maker of the mesh by INSPECTING the Object (it is a right click on the object function in Firestorm). That list all the pieces and who made each one.

I've seen full perm sculpties for use in builds that had as part of the terms hiding them by using the root prim to 'change' the creator's name for this very reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.