How can I get my yacht to drive?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a folder with a rez box and rezzed a yacht. I saw the whole thing build automatically before my eyes. The problem is that it wont drive. I have another box object in the folder thats called "drivable yacht." When I rez it the whole yacht is there but it is missing many parts such as seats, lights, railing, etc. Then the last object in the folder is called "drive part" (wear me). When i wear or add it, it just attaches seats, lights, and tables around me. How can I get a drivable yacht with all the parts not missing? Is there something i need to edit? 

Wear that "drive part" and sit down on the huge "driveable yacht". You and the stuff you are wearing will become parts of the total yacht, and you will be able to use your controls to navigate.

The trick is that there is a limit on how high the land impact of a vehicle is allowed to be, so creators of complex vehicles get around it by making a large part of the vehicle wearable.  The worn parts are technically not part of the vehicle itself, although they look like they are and they move along with the vehicle.  There should be a notecard in the folder with your yacht, explaining all of this.  If there isn't, contact the creator and ask.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.