Holding An Item In Hand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm building an item that, in the end, will need to be held in the hand, and so I'm looking for a way to close the avatar hand around it when it is attached.  I've searched the marketplace for a holding animation with no luck.  It seems like I've seen other attachments close the hand when they were attached, so I know it's possible...I just need to learn how.  

Anybody have any suggestions?  :-)

If you are talking about a traditional (legacy) SL avatar then what you might have seen was an animation making the hand into a FIST (an option on upload) and leaving the rest of the body "as is".

Keep in mind though that lots of people (a growing number) have mesh hands and the new SL avatars are also mesh -- and then there are the mesh BODIES. Those will not automatically turn into a fist.

Likely someone else has more info :D. Good luck.

HIya Marcus,

Ishtara (I miss her ;-) has the answer for legacy avatars here...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Scripting-Library/Script-for-Hand-Animation/m-p/506843#M403

ETA: I just fired up QAvimator, and don't see any hand pose selections. So, I'm not sure what tools Ishtara may have been referring to that contain those poses, but they must exist because we see fists and victory signs on animations in-world, and Any-Pose does them.

ETA2: I should have read Ishtara's instructions more carefully. The hand morphs and facial expressions are selected at upload time, in the SL Viewer upload window.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_create_animations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.