Help With An Item I Created

0athenais0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm new to creating, but I've made my first decent item that I think is worth selling! I was toying around with free scripts I found the other day to see how I could enhance it. After I applied a new script, it changed the "creator" of my object to the person who made the script. I have used a scrubbed script to try and remove everything, and it still says that the creator of my object is the person who made the script I tested. I'd like to put my item up on the mp, but not with this person's name attached to it. Could someone tell me how to restore my name to the item as creator?

Thanks!

A script cannot change the name that is in the Creator field on an object.  The only way to change that name is to link your object to something that someone else created.  Even that won't change the name of the creator unless you make that other object the root prim of your linkset.  So, it's not the script's fault. Rez a fresh copy of your creation but do not link it to a prim that someone else made.  You'll be fine.

Thank you, Rolig. At first I thought, that's impossible.... I didn't use anything that someone else created. Then I remembered one tiny part that I bought from another sl mem on mp. Thing is, they give complete perm for people to use their items as part of a bigger item or object. I don't recall making their object the root prim of mine... Unless the root prim is determined by the order in which you link objects together.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.