Help-Made my floor transparent on accident

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I picked up a freebie house from a vendor and rezzed it on my land. Today I accidently applied an alpha texture to one face of the floor while building something else. The texture does not appear to be in my inventory, at least when I've looked for it I couldn't find it. How can I get that texture back? I still have three other faces that have the original texture if that helps. Thank you!

Right click the floor and choose Edit; Check the "Select Face" button near the top of the edit dialog; Click the Texture tab; Click the small texture preview box - the texture chooser will appear - on it there is a small eye dropper - Click that; Then click on the face that has the texture you want. This will copy the texture onto the floor. If you can't see the floor and the face with the wanted texture at the same time, then first transfer the texture to a newly rezzed cube as above, then move the cube and transfer the texture from it to the floor.

• Like 1

If the floor's original creator applied the textures manually (or by script using the UUID) then, if the OP doesn't have the same texture in inventory, then that's not going to work, is it?    Otherwise it would be a good way of lifting textures.

Since the house is a freebie, if it doesn't work, then it's going to be easy enough to return to the vendor and pick up another copy (if that house itself is no-copy, that is -- if it is copiable then just delete the old one and start over).

Had to smile as while I would normally use the eyedropper, I know very well it doesn't work EVEN with your own creations if your original texture has gone missing and is no longer in your inventory (and they mysteriously do that now and then).

I can remember those exciting newbie days. Hey, I still do strange things (especially with the changes in the materials viewer texture panel). Happily I don't panic so much LOL.

I remember when I managed to turn half the house into brushed aluminum and couldn't turn it back!   Fortunately, the maker gave me a replacement copy.   

If creators will insist on making houses transfer, mod, no copy, and refuse to sell them copy/no transfer,  they must expect to get hassled by klutzes like me, I say.   At least if I've paid a reasonable amount for the house.   I don't hassle people about freebies I break!

Okay, well that's a bummer. I'll try the eye dropper and see if it will pull the texture out of my inventory. If not, I have the house in my inventory, it just sucks because I have already compleatly textured the thing and all my stuff is in there hanging on the walls. Maybe I'll just get a new floor texture and start fresh, hehe. Thanks for your help everyone!

insilvermoonlight wrote:

Okay, well that's a bummer. I'll try the eye dropper and see if it will pull the texture out of my inventory. If not, I have the house in my inventory, it just sucks because I have already compleatly textured the thing and all my stuff is in there hanging on the walls. Maybe I'll just get a new floor texture and start fresh, hehe. Thanks for your help everyone!

If the house is mod (I'm assuming it is because you are editing it), you could rez a second copy, unlink the floor and then replace the floor in the one you've been working on.

I'd carefully note the coordinates of the old floor so you could enter them in the edit window for the new floor to be sure you get it positioned right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.